Chapter 33

Jasper and Emmett met them as everyone was walking into the house.

"What did the police say?" Carlisle asked.

"The couple lived alone and they didn't have any family." Jasper replied.

"Good." Carlisle said. He looked at Renesmee and Alexis."You guys were lucky today. You know better than to do that." He said. "I'm very disappointed in you two today. I don't know what's going on with you guys, but it needs to stop."

"You guys almost exposed us with feeding on humans and walking in the sunlight." Esme said.

"Whatever." Alexis said.

"You guys have been acting differently all day, talking back, feeding on humans, and almost exposing us." Carlisle said. "Would you two like to tell us why you've been acting like this?" He crossed his arms, waiting for an answer.

"I don't have to answer you." Renesmee said.

"You don't talk to your grandfather that way, young lady." Edward scolded her.

"Now, answer him." Bella said.

"No." Renesmee said.

"Renesmee Carlie Cullen! Go to your room, now!" Bella yelled. Alexis snickered and smiled.

"You too, Alexis Brianna Cullen!" Carlisle yelled. That wiped the smile off her face, but she didn't move. She stood there with her arms crossed and looked at her father. "Now!" He yelled. Alexis and Renesmee walked up to their room. They heard the rest of the family start talking.

"Can you use your super hearing to hear what they're saying?" Renesmee asked.

"Yeah." Alexis said. She stood by the door and listened.

"What's going on with them?" Edward asked. "They've never acted like this before."

"It's like their personality changed or something." Rosalie said.

"It's like they woke up this morning as completely different people." Alice said.

"Yeah. I don't know what's going on with them." Carlisle said.

"What should we do about it." Bella asked.

"Let's give it some time." Carlisle said. "It could've just lasted today."

"Ok." Bella said.

"I do think they should have some kind of punishment for their behavior today." Carlisle said.

"I agree." Edward said.

"Me too." Bella said.

"What do you guys suggest?" Carlisle asked.

"How about not letting them see Jacob or Seth for two weeks." Bella suggested.

"I'm good with that." Edward said.

"Agreed." said Carlisle.

"What are they saying." Renesmee asked.

"They're discussing our punishment." Alexis said.

"What did they decide?" Renesmee asked.

"They're not letting us see Jake or Seth for two weeks." Alexis said.

"What!" Renesmee said, shocked.

"Girls, can you come downstairs please." Carlisle said.

"Ugh." Alexis said. Renesmee rolled her eyes. They walked downstairs and crossed their arms, annoyed. "

We have discussed your punishment and decided that you guys aren't allowed to see Jacob and Seth for two weeks." Carlisle said.

"You can't do that." Renesmee said.

"Yes we can." Bella said.

"That's not fair." Alexis said.

"It's more than fair with how you two have been acting today." Carlisle said. "Now, give us your phones."

"What!" Renesmee said.

"No!" Alexis said.

"Yes. Give us your phones." Edward said. "Now!" The girls sighed and handed them their phones.

"Now, go back up to your room." Carlisle said.

"This is so not fair." Alexis said as she and Renesmee stomped up to their room, slamming the door.

A little bit later, they heard the doorbell ring. Alexis quietly opened the door so they could hear who is was. "Is Alexis and Renesmee home?" Jacob asked. "We tried texting and calling them, but they didn't answer."

"It's Jacob and Seth." Alexis said. Renesmee went over to Alexis and listened in.

"I'm sorry, but they can't see you guys right now." Carlisle said.

"Why not?" Seth asked.

"They're grounded." Edward said. "They're not allowed to see or have contact with you guys for two weeks."

"Why are they grounded?" Jacob asked.

"No offense." Edward said. "But it's not really any of your concern."

"Ok." Jacob said.

"We'll see you guys later." Carlisle said. Jacob and Seth left.

"I can't believe they won't let us see Seth and Jake." Renesmee said.

"I know." Alexis agreed. "It's totally unfair." It was getting late, so they changed into their pajamas and went to bed.