Chapter 36

Jacob and Seth walked into the Clearwater's house. "Where should we lay them?" Jacob asked.

"Set them in my parents bed." Seth said. "It's big enough for both of them." They went up to Seth's parents bedroom and set the girls on the bed.

"What do we do now?" Jacob asked.

"I guess we wait until they wake up and until we hear something about what's going on with them." Seth said. "I'm going to call my mom and let her know that I'm going to stay here for a couple of days." He took his phone out of his back pocket.

"Yeah, I'm going to call my dad." Jacob said, picking up his phone. "I'll stay here with you and keep an eye on the girls."

"Ok." Seth said as he dialed his mom's number. Once they both were off the phone, they looked at the girls.

"Do you want to go downstairs and watch tv?" Jacob asked.

"Shouldn't one of us stay up here and keep an eye on them." Seth said, looking at the girls.

"They'll be fine." Jacob said. "We'll hear from downstairs, when they wake up."

"Fine." Seth said, sighing. They went downstairs and sat in the den, putting the television on.

After a little bit, Jacob got up to get something to eat. He went into the kitchen, opening the fridge, and saw that it was empty. "Geez man. You don't have anything to eat." Jacob said, going back into the den. "How can you not have any food in the house?"

"Sorry." Seth said. "We haven't really used the house since we moved in with Charlie."

"Well I'm starving, so I'm going to go get something to eat." Jacob said. "Do you want anything?"

"Sure." Seth said. "I'll stay here with Alexis and Renesmee."

"Ok." Jacob said. He grabbed his keys and headed out to his car. Seth sat on the couch and watched tv while he waited for Alexis and Renesmee to wake up.

After a little bit, he got a text from someone. He looked at it, seeing that it was Bella telling him that he and Jacob needed to get to the Cullen house. Seth called Jacob. "Jake, you need to get back to the house." Seth said, when he answered.

"What's wrong?" Jacob asked on the other line. "Are the girls ok?"

"They're fine." Seth said. "I'll explain when you get back here."

"Ok, I'll be there as soon as I can." Jacob said before he hung up. Seth waited for Jacob to get back. "What's going on?" Jacob asked, rushing into the house.

"Bella texted." Seth said. "She said for us to come to their house."

"Ok. Let's go." Jacob said.

"I'll go." Seth said. "You should stay here in case the girls wake up."

"Ok." Jacob said.

"I'll let you know what's happening." Seth said, grabbing his phone and walking out the door. He made his way to the Cullen house.

Meanwhile, back at the Cullen house.
Everyone was waiting for Carlisle to come back from the hospital. He had gone there to run some tests on Alexis and Renesmee's blood. He walked into the house. Everyone stood up and looked at him, expectantly. They were waiting for an answer from Carlisle. "So?" Bella asked.

"What did you find out?" Rosalie asked.

"They're blood is different than it used to be." Carlisle explained. "I don't know how or why yet. I need some time to do some research."

"Ok." The rest of them said.

"If you need me, I will be in my office." Carlisle said. And with that, he walked up to his study and sat at the desk.

After about an hour of doing research, Carlisle thought that he figured out what was wrong with the girls. He walked out of his office and went downstairs, finding everyone in the main room. Everyone looked at him when he walked in, waiting for an answer. "After looking at their blood and doing some research." Carlisle started. "I think I know what's wrong with Renesmee and Alexis." He said standing in the doorway, getting there attention. They all looked at him.

"And?" Rosalie asked.

"Bella, can you text Seth and Jacob. Let them know to come here." Carlisle said. "I'll explain to everyone when they get here."

"On it." Bella said, taking out her phone and texting Jacob and Seth.

Within a few minutes, Seth walked into the house. "Hey guys." He greeted them.

"Where's Jacob?" Edward asked.

"He stayed at the house with the girls." Seth said. "What's going on?"

"Carlisle thinks he knows what wrong with them." Edward said.

"Well?" Bella asked as everyone looked at Carlisle.

"They want to feed on vampire venom." Carlisle said.

"What do you mean?" Esme asked. Every looked confused.

"For some reason, they're craving vampire venom instead of human or animal blood." Carlisle explained.

"Why?" Alice asked.

"I don't know." Carlisle said.

"Aro." Jasper said. "He must be doing this."

"It's possible." Carlisle said.

"What do we do?" Emmett asked.

"I can come up with an anecdote that I can give the girls to make them not want to feed on vampires." Carlisle said. "But I don't know what I need for it. Aro most likely will know. I'm going to go to Italy and confront him to tell me what I need for anecdote."

"Ok." Alice said.

"I'll go with you." Edward said.

"No. I'll go alone." Carlisle said. "I'll be back in a few days." And with that, he walked out out of the house, got in his car and headed to Volterra.

"I'm going to go back to my house and let Jacob know what's going on." Seth said.

"Ok." They said.

Seth made his way back to his house. When he got in the house, Jacob jumped up from the couch. "What did they say?" He asked. Seth was about to explain, but they heard the girls waking up. They ran upstairs and went into the bedroom.

"What's going on?" Renesmee asked.

"Why are we in your house?" Alexis asked, looking at Seth.

"And how did we get here?" Renesmee added. They sounded panicky.

"It's ok." Jacob said. "Just calm down and we'll explain." The girls calmed down.

"This morning, you girls tried to feed on your family." Seth started. "Carlisle took your blood so he could run some tests."

"He gave you a sedative to keep you guys from feeding on them." Jacob added. "And then we brought you here."

"Why did we try to feed on them?" Alexis asked.

"Your Dad thinks that Aro made you guys want to drink animal blood and feed on vampires." Seth explained. "He went to confront him and try to get from him how to make an anecdote."

"Can we go back home?" Renesmee asked.

"Not right now." Jacob said. "Until Carlisle makes an anecdote, you can't be around your family or you'll try to feed on them."

"Well, I'm going to call my parents then." Renesmee said, sighing. She grabbed her phone and went into another room.