Chapter 20

A week later, everyone was in the living room. They were keeping an eye on Bella, who had gotten worse.

"Me, Rose, and Alexis have been coming with baby names." Bella said.

"And?" Jacob asked.

"If it's a boy, EJ. Edward Jacob." Bella said. "And if it's a girl, Renesmee."

"Renesmee?" Jacob questioned.

"It's perfect." Edward said. Just then, Bella leaned over like she was going to get sick. Alexis grabbed a trash can and put it in front of Bella. Edward rushed over her.

"We need to find a way to get some food into you." Esme said.

"If only I could see what it wants." Alice said.

"That's not a bad idea." Edward said, looking at Jacob. "Jacob just had an idea."

"What's your idea?" Carlisle asked.

"Maybe it's looking for something to sink it's teeth into." Jacob said.

"If it wants blood, animal blood won't satisfy it." Edward said.

"I have O negative blood." Carlisle said, going to go get it. He came back with it. Emmett, Alice, and Jasper all left the room.

"You're going to make her drink that?" Jacob asked.

"It's the quickest way to find out." Carlisle said. He handed the cup to Bella. She took a sip.

"It tastes good." Bella said, continuing to drink it. Carlisle went over to Bella and felt her pulse.

"You pulse is already getting stronger." Carlisle said. Everyone smiled.

"It's working." Edward said. Bella finished the cup and Edward went to get some more.

"How much longer does she have?" Jacob asked.

"It could be any day now." Carlisle replied.

"You need to hunt." Esme said. "You need to be at your strongest for Bella."

"Sam won't hesitate to attack." Jacob warned.

"We'll take Emmett with us." Esme said.

Later that evening, Alexis was sitting with Bella, along with Edward, Alice, Jacob, Rosalie, and Jasper, while her dad, Esme, and Emmett were out hunting. All of a sudden, Bella fell to the ground. Edward rushed over to her and picked her up. He brought her into Carlisle's office and set her on the table. He got out some supplies. Bells was screaming in pain.

"Get him out!" She screamed. Edward injected her with morphine.

"He's suffocating." Bella screamed. Alexis grabbed a scalpel.

"Wait, we need to let the morphine spread." Edward said, stopping her.

"There's no time." Alexis said. "We need to get him out."

"He's dying." Rosalie said. Edward took the scalpel from Alexis. He cut into Bella's stomach and took the baby out.

"Meet Renesmee." Edward said, laying the baby next to Bella.

"She's beautiful." Bella said. Then, Bella started to flatline.

"Rose, take Renesmee." Edward said, holding out the baby, who was covered in blood. Rosalie went over to Edward, but hesitated.

"Rosalie!" Edward said.

"I'll take her, Edward." Alexis said, taking Renesmee. She cleaned Renesmee up and sat in a chair, holding her.

A little bit later, Alexis heard howling and then saw Edward, Alice, Jasper, and Rosalie go out outside. She stood by the window and watched. Sam's pack arrived and attacked them. Then, Esme, Emmett, and Carlisle arrived and helped fight back. The fight ended when Jacob jumped in between.

"Stop!" Jacob said. "You kill her, you kill me." He then turned into a wolf.

"Jacob imprinted." Edward said. "They can't hurt her." The wolves backed off and they all came inside. Alexis handed Renesmee to Edward and they all waited for Bella to wake up.