twelve

have i mentioned that i can't believe people actually read this fic? like hi thanks i love you to pieces. cute as a button - every single fucking one of you. make sure to vote & comment so we can get the rankings up :) all the love - please enjoy.

louis' pov

I waited patiently for the food to come. Lottie and I had ordered almost 20 minutes ago. The place was quite busy, so I had been on my phone. I decided that now would be a good time to text Harry - or did that seem too needy? And what were his intentions? Should I ask. I didn't know he was in college. Of course, we'd be about the same age, if not a gap by only a couple years. Had he just invited me back to a college dorm last night?

I was intensely confused by him, but in a way - I liked it. I liked the mystery of it all. I never never what he would do next when I was around him. In the elevator, I had immediately recognized him from last night. I remembered my hands in his hair and how his sweat had dripped from his forehead and onto mine. I wouldn't forget, especially not now. When we had the conversation, I had seen a different side of him. Last night had been so sexy and intense, but when we talked today he had seemed normal, up until that last part of the conversation, when he teased me and knew what he was doing.

Intrigued, I decided it was time to text him already. We waited for the food, and I didn't feel too rude as Lottie was on her phone too. I wouldn't tease her and ask who she was texting, but I would ask for advice.

"I have his phone number." I whispered to her.

"Harry's? Your lover's? Your boyfriend's?"

I felt my cheeks flush red. "Yes, Harry's."

She rolled her eyes with a bit of a smile. "So, text him."

"Text him what?"

"Just say hi. It's not that hard, Lou."

I nodded. "It is that hard, Lottie. I'm actually interested in this guy, it's not just a hookup."

"I'm sure you are interested Lou. So, text him a hey."

I opened up my phone and made a new text thread using his name, Harry. I typed slowly, nervous to somehow make a mistake typing 3 letters.

Hey. I had typed out at first. I showed it to Lottie, "Like this?"

"Absolutely not." She scoffed at me, jokingly.

"See!" I exclaimed, "It is that hard!"

"It's not hard, you're just socially dumb or something." She laughed. "Make it all lowercase, you made it look extremely formal."

I did as she said. "Now add a smile." She added, watching me type the same word over and over again from across the table in the booth we had been sat at.

hey :) Is what I had finally landed on. She nodded at me. "Send it." I clicked the blue send button and watched as the word 'Delivered' came up underneath the text message.

I waited patiently, but within a minute I had a reply that read Hey :)

I smiled down at my phone and turned it to face Lottie. She smiled. "Make sure he knows it's you, silly."

I typed another sentence, it's Louis btw. And added a laughing face next to it.

I figured. He had written back. I smiled again.

L: So am I the only person you're talking to?

H: The only one that I don't have a number saved for.

L: so i'm special in some way?

H: i suppose you are

I smiled hard at my phone once more. "You're totally blushing!" Lottie exclaimed, "What did he say?"

I handed my phone to her and watched as she read the few text messages. "You text like a teenage girl and her crush." She laughed. "Cute."

"What should I say?" I asked nervously.

"Leave him hanging, text him later." She then pointed to something behind me and I turned around. "And what a better time to do it! Just turn your phone off and put it to the side. text him later, so you don't seem too needy."

I wanted to continue texting him but as I watched the waiter that Lottie had pointed at bring the tray of food to our table, I figured it was a good time to sit my phone to the side and focus on my sister, who I almost never got to see anymore. The waiter sat down both of our orders of wings in front of us with a basket of french fries and another of cheese sticks in front of us.

We gave the waiter two thank yous as he walked away, and I focused on Lottie for as long as I could.

Sorry guys, this chapter was actually kind of short but I promise I will improve. I'm currently writing this while I should be doing my homework, so I keep jumping back and forth.

Make sure to vote!