thirty

Louis' POV

I sat around at the daycare, hoping there was nothing really needed for me to do. It seemed like everything was in shape, but something just didn't feel right. So, I stayed a bit longer than I was scheduled to, double checking everything - the bathrooms, the kitchen, the toy boxes, everything. While some of the employees were on their break for the day, I sat with them.

We sat in lawn chairs outside of the daycare, some of the girls smoking cigarettes, some of the guys on their phones, and vice versa.

I scrolled through my phone, waiting for a reply from Harry. We had kind of ended the conversation, but I still longed for a text back from him. He was in class, so he probably hadn't been able to reply to me. Or maybe he just wanted to leave me hanging until we saw each other tonight. We had been together now for two or three weeks, perhaps the hour of distance was good for us. Either way, I already missed him - but I would still wait for him to reply before texting him again.

I scrolled through my Twitter feed for a few minutes. Some of the employees had gone back inside and when I checked the time, it was 9:45. I figured it was about time for me to go home, as I only needed to check on everything in the morning once - I could make phone calls and do paperwork at home. I made my way to my car, walking across the small parking lot. When I sat in the parking lot, I let the air conditioning start up before leaving. Just as I buckled my seat belt, my phone began to ring. It showed up as an unknown number, but I answered nonetheless.

"Hello?" I asked, seemingly into nothing.

"Hello, is this Louis?" There was a pause. "Tomlinson?"

"Yes, who is this?"

"Hi, Mr. Tomlinson. I am Nurse Jones at the University of LA. We had a student faint today in class. He seemed to be dehydrated, or maybe it was anxiety, but he has requested you were the first person we called. Does Harry Styles sounds familiar?"

"Yes, yes. We're very close. Does he need me there?"

"He's asked that you come, yes."

"Is he okay?" I worried. Harry fainted? It didn't seem like him, he seemed perfectly healthy a couple of days ago when I saw him.

"Yes, he should be okay, he's just in and out of sleep right now."

"I'll be there as soon as possible. Thank you."

"No, thank you, Mr. Tomlinson. You can come through the lobby and just ask whoever is at the front desk to let you in to the office."

I hung up the phone and backed out of the parking lot quickly. They said it could have been anxiety, but I never pictured or thought Harry to be an anxious type - he always seemed so adventurous, I just never thought of it. I hoped it was just hydration, as anxiety could be long-lasting problem, and I didn't want him to have to go through anything like that.

The university was about 20 minutes away. I sped through the streets leading to the large building. Hoping that I would not get caught in morning traffic, or at any red lights. I got surprisingly lucky, and made it there in 15 minutes flat. I walked into the familiar lobby and asked the young boy at the desk to let me in.

"Name, please?"

"Louis, Tomlinson." I paused in between my words.

"Oh, of course. Nurse Jones already said you'd be coming, go down the hall, it's the first door on the left." He said, pointing.

"Thank you." He nodded back to me as I said the words, rushing down the hall.

When I made it the door, I knocked, but didn't wait for anyone to answer. I walked inside the room to see Harry sitting up in the white bed. He turned to me, his eyes not seeming as emerald green as usual. "Lou." is all he muttered to me. "Thank you for coming." He smiled, and I could tell it was genuine.

hey guys, hope you enjoyed! please remember to vote for each chapter!

do you think harry has anxiety or that he was just dehydrated?