thirty nine

since some of you guys are asking — the cover was made by me on canva.com ,, the photo of the fireworks comes from pinterest. thanks for reading chapter 39.

i also just started a oneshot collection & the first one is up — go check that out on my account ! hope u enjoy them while im updating.

anyway this chapter and the next are going to be long as fuck.

Harry's POV

I sat quietly in my bed. It's all I did last night, I didn't sleep at all. I waited quietly for Jake to come home. So he could talk me out of this depressed bullshit I was falling into. All I could think was how I hoped I hadn't hurt Louis too much. I loved him too much to even think about hurting him — but in the long run it would happen, and it's better now than later. Later, he'd be in way too deep. Who knows? Maybe if I didn't leave we would've stayed together for months on end. Perhaps he would have purposed. It would've been so much worse then.

Around 9 am, I had been staring over at the window. I wondered where Louis had gone. Probably home, but there were so many places he could have went to. Finally - to take him off my mind - Jacob came back to our dorm. Hungover, and alone. This was unusual, but he came in and sat quietly.

"Coming back alone?" I asked him after a moment or two of us both sitting in silence.

"Coming back at all?" He added, cocky as ever. This was indeed the first time I had seen him this month, I was always staying at Louis' house. I stayed quiet and felt my face drop. He must have noticed after seconds later he added, "What happened?" and came over to sit by me.

"Louis and I, I broke up with him - I think." I mumbled the last few words.

"You what?" He asked, standing up partially - not at all trying to hide his excitement. This made my heart ache.

"Don't look too happy. I'm upset." I said, vulnerable. I was usually never open with him like this.

"Don't be, monogamy doesn't work anyway. How could you possibly have let him tie you down for so long?" He asked, laughing a bit.

I smiled at this, it had been so long since I talked to Jacob - forgetting what my life had been like before Louis stepped into it.

"I should have listened to you in the first place." I said again, thinking over the things he had first said about Louis.

Sure enough, when I got upstairs, I laid on my bed and picked up my phone immediately, a text from Lover Boy had been waiting for me for 17 minutes. Jacob laughed at me as I laid down.

"You look quite smitten over this boy, I didn't realize such a hoe could love." He faked shedding a tear. "It's almost like you're becoming softer."

I rolled my eyes. "I am not. I just enjoy talking to him, that's all."

I remembered all the times he had tried to talk me out of actually dating him. All the times he had given me girls' phone numbers to try and get me out of my feelings for Louis. But not a single time had it worked. Because every day after I met him, I just fell deeper and deeper in love with him.

"You damn right should have. Relationships always end up in some sort of depression. Why would you willingly put yourself in that situation?"

"You're right, I said." I repeated myself - wanting him to shut up now.

"We need to get you laid. Best way to get over someone, as they say." He said with a smirk on his face.

"Oh yeah? Got any Sunday night parties you were planning on going to?" I rolled my eyes.

"Parties? No." He said.

"Then, how on Earth are we going to find someone hot for me on a Sunday?" I asked, feeling all of the things Jacob had taught me in the beginning of college flood back. When we were in our first year of university, he had taught me all his little tips and tricks to getting a girl to sleep with you. And I remembered every one of them.

"There's a fair about thirty minutes away, it's the last day in town - it will be packed with girls." He said slyly.

I nodded with a small smile. "Sure, what time were you thinking? And I'll assume I'm driving."

"Yes," he began, "And, maybe 6? Does that sound about right? We can grab something to eat on the way there."

I nodded, "That sounds nice, Jake."

"It will be nice. Jeez, I haven't anyone to pick up girls with since you started fucking Louis. I didn't think I'd ever get you back. So, was it good?"

I blushed, "Was what good?" I asked - knowing damn well he was talking about the sex.

He raised an eyebrow, "I think the red in your cheeks says enough." He commented as he stood up and walked across the room to his bed, laying down.

I looked down at my watch, seeing it was only about 9:45 in the morning. "Hey, maybe we should get some sleep." I said. When I looked up, Jacob was ahead of me, his eyes already closed against his pillow.