「Chapter Nine」

you have withered, I have bloomed
and it's over

❝ you have withered, I have bloomedand it's over ❞

"Hoseok?"

The boy whose name is supposed to be Hoseok, nods in return, and smiles at the boy in order to greet him just like the past, just like when they were kids.

Seokjin is happy that he is seeing his childhood friend after a long time, but when they shake hands with each other, Hoseok's strong hand sends a rush of pain through Seokjin's body, and this is when he feels something is not just right.

"You— um— you have changed," Seokjin says as he is looking at Hoseok's new tattoos. As he can remember, his friend has always hated tattoos, but now, both of his arms are covered with them. "Like... a lot." By saying this, he definitely means that his childhood friend is not like the person that he has always been before.

"We have all changed," Hoseok replies, and punches him on the arm, playfully. "Don't you think?"

Nothing seems right to Seokjin, so he decides to change the subject, because this is not the Hoseok that he has always known. "Where is Yoongi, by the way?"

"Excuse me?"

Consequences, remember? After turning back the clock, everything changed.

Hoseok does not know who Yoongi is, because he has not even heard of him before, and this is all Seokjin's fault. Those two were about to get married, but now that Seokjin has turned back the clock to start life all over again, he kind of gave them all a chance to live a new life.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what you're talking about, Seokjin," Hoseok continues, and gives him that hateful smile, again. "Now, if you will excuse me, I have to leave here, and see a very beautiful friend of mine."

Before Seokjin can say anything, Hoseok leaves him alone at the company. Staying there for about two minutes, he finally decides to meet his father at the office.

When he reaches there, he knocks at the door, and steps inside. Seeing his father walking in pace around the office, makes him gulp. "Where have you been?" His father questions, and stands in front of his son. "I'm not going to ask you twice."

"F-Father, I—" But, he is cut off when his father slaps him on the cheek which makes the poor boy to tilt his head to the left, and to place his hand on his own face. He does not know why he is slapped. Maybe, it is because that his father always tells him not to call him that way when they are at the company.

"Do not be late again, understood?" He asks, and waits for his son to say something, but all he receives is silence, so he raises his voice, "Understood?"

"Yes, Mr. Kim," Seokjin answers, prefering not to call the middle aged man 'father' anymore. "I understand." After saying this, he turns his back on his father to leave the office, but he stops when his father shouts at him.

"I did not tell you that you could leave," He says, and lets out a breath. "Your mother wants a divorce."

author's note

author's note

this is how hoseok looks like since seokjin has turned back the clock

well, seokjin should have never done that, because he will face something a lot more bigger in future.

we should be careful with what we wish, don't you think?