「Chapter Thirty-One」

alone I stand
a broken man

"But," Chief deputy emphasizes on the letter 'B', and says, "Your husband could be saved, and he is at the hospital, now

"But," Chief deputy emphasizes on the letter 'B', and says, "Your husband could be saved, and he is at the hospital, now."

As they are all shocked, a police officer runs up to them. "Sir, the murderer says that he has one more confession, but for telling us, we need to bring someone named Kim Seokjin to him."

"That's me." Seokjin says, and the eyes of the two colleagues widen.

"We do not bargain with a murderer." Chief deputy believes that he is making the best choice, at the moment, now that everything has turned into a chaos, but the truth is that he is just wasting time.

"Yes, sir." The police officer turns his back on them in order to leave, but he stops when he sees that he is gripped on the arm by Seokjin.

"If he wants me, then let's give him what he is after." Seokjin tries his best to convince them in order to take him to the murderer, but the police officer refuses by shaking his head.

"Is that what you want?" Chief deputy questions the boy who seems to be certain about what he has chosen.

"No," Seokjin answers in an honest way. "That's what he wants."

Chief deputy pushes the door open, and leads Seokjin to the interrogation room where Jimin is sitting on a chair, struggling with his handcuffs

"Well, well, what do we have here?" Jimin questions, and waits for Seokjin to get closer. "You must be... Kim Seokjin."

"Why did you do try to kill my father?" Seokjin asks, and sits down on the chair which is in front of the murderer.

"I was hired by your father to kill many people. I don't remember them all, but I killed. I killed for your father to get paid," He answers, and a smirk appears on his face. "It was finally time for your stupid father to be my last target, so I asked for more money, and as usual, I was paid," Although he is smirking, the anger in his voice can not be ignored. "He paid me, but he didn't know that he was paying me to kill himself."

"Your mission failed." Seokjin says, and stands up to leave the interrogation room.

"Nah, you failed."

"What do you mean?" Seokjin stops, but he does not turn his face at Jimin.

"Of course, they saved your father, but what about your best friend?" This leaves Seokjin in a huge shock, so before he says anything in return, he runs out of the interrogation room with the thought of seeing Jungkook, and making sure that nothing bad has happened to him.

But, it is too late, no?