「Chapter Thirty-Two」

all I have
is one last chance

When Seokjin makes sure that he has arrived at his best friend's house, he pulls over

"Is this his house?" Namjoon questions as he can read the anxiety in his boy friend's eyes.

"Yes," Seokjin answers, and they both get out of the car. "Do you think that he is still inside?" Worried, he questions, and waits for Namjoon to say something in return, but the young man only shrugs.

He rings the doorbell, but nobody seems to be home, so he looks around, and tries to find a way through.

Suddenly, something grabs their attention; the window. It is open, so they can sneak into the house without letting anyone notice.

It is late at night, and the lights are off.

They try to scan everywhere, quickly, in order to see whether there is any sign of Jungkook.

"Turn on the lights," Seokjin commands, and Namjoon looks around in order to find the keys. "Over there." He points his finger at the wall, and Namjoon walks past him with the thought of turning the lights on.

"This place stinks like shit," Slowly, Seokjin starts to walk forward, but suddenly, he feels his right foot being gripped by someone which causes him to scream. "Stop playing around, Namjoon." He yells at his boy friend.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Shockingly, Namjoon questions, and turns the lights on, but what they witness, makes them freeze in their spots.

Taehyung's dead body grabs their attention as well as Jungkook who is holding Seokjin's foot, tightly, while he has lied down on the floor, still curling up in pain.

"Call 911!" Seokjin shouts at Namjoon, and the young man nods, quickly, then he sits down beside Jungkook who is gasping for breath. "W-What has h-happened?" He questions as he can not talk very well, at the moment.

Jungkook places his hand on his own chest, trying to stop the blood that has stained his white shirt. "I-I was w-waiting for you," A fake smile appears on his face as he can not hold it for too long, because the pain is taking all over him. "Is this— is this the p-price for turning— for turning back the c-clock?"

"Jungkook— no, no, no, no, what have I done?" Seokjin starts to cry, and pats his best friend's head, trying his best to calm him down. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," He closes his eyes, tightly, and grabs Jungkook's head into a hug. "I will save you, Jungkook, I promise—"

"I hope that you— that you and him have a good life," Jungkook coughs blood, and slowly, closes his eyes. "You're my best friend."

"No!" Seokjin shouts when he sees that his friend is not breathing anymore.

❝Your time is up...❞ The voice says which makes Seokjin to hold his head up while he can not stop those tears from running down his cheeks.

"S-Seokjin," Namjoon calls out his name. "I'm... fading." His heart start to ache, and he falls on the floor.

Quickly, the boy stands up, and runs to the young man who has pressed his hand on his chest. "What is happening? Why is this happening to you again?" He shouts, not knowing what is going on as he is freaking out.

❝You could have fixed this, but everybody's death has disturbed the universe, and now, everything is getting back to the way it was... to normal❞

Ignoring the voice which has filled his head, Seokjin hugs his boy friend, tightly, for the last time. "If there is another place, I'm sure that we will meet someday, again."

Namjoon reaches out his hand in order to wipe away Seokjin's tear. "I promised to never let you go— I'm sorry for breaking my promise."

"Sometimes, promises are meant to be broken," He says, and lets go of his boy friend although he does not want to. "But it doesn't mean that I'll stop loving you."

"We will meet again, right?"

Silence.

Nothing is said between the two lovers. They prefer to enjoy this one last moment when they are together, and of course, to have a secret communication while they still have time.

And this is when the old watch starts to beep, loudly, and breaks into pieces.