「Chapter Sixteen」

give me your hand
save me

❝ give me your handsave me ❞

"Where am I?"

"Are you lost?" An old man walks up to Seokjin, slowly, and places his hand on the boy's shoulder. "Don't you know me?" The old man keeps a nice smile on his face.

"Yes, I do— I know who you are, but where is this place?" He questions the old man who has once given the old watch which can turn back the clock. "If this really is a train station, then why—"

"Why is everything going backwards?" The old man cuts him off in order to complete his sentece. "Because you have turned back the clock."

"I turned back the clock to save Namjoon, but I never thought that it would have consequences— bad consequences."

"You gave everybody a second chance to live a new life, so only you can fix this," The old man turns his back on him, and starts to walk towards a young man who is walking backwards, slowly. "Even he was given a second chance to live, meaning that he can either love you or hate you, well, this is his own choice."

When they both get closer, Seokjin sees that the young man who has been walking backwards is none other than Namjoon. "Namjoon!" He screams his lover's name, but it seems useless, because he keeps walking backwards as he is staring at a blind sight. "Namjoon!"

"He can not hear you," The old man reffers to Namjoon, and then points at the people who are walking backwards, as well. "They can not hear you, either."

"Why— why can't they hear me?"

"He was meant to be dead, because his fate was meant to be like that, but you changed everything," The old man stops walking, and turns around to face Seokjin. "It is a lesson for you to realize that nothing can be changed in this world."

The teardrops start falling down on Seokjin's cheeks. "Is this some kind of punishment?"

"You chose this. You wanted to change everything. In fact, you wanted to turn back the time. I was just passing by the moment you wished for this, so I wanted to fulfill your wish in order to show you how it would be like if you were able to turn back the clock."

Seokjin grips the old man's wrist in order to make him stop, because he is getting on a train. "How can I stop this?"

"We should be careful with what we wish, don't you think?" Before getting on the train, the old man questions, and leaves Seokjin in the dark sea of his own thoughts.

"I don't want to lose Namjoon again, so tell me what's the solution?"