「Chapter Twenty-Three」

mirror on the wall
here we are again

❝ mirror on the wallhere we are again ❞

[A few years ago]

11:00 AM;

"Who has done this to you?" Jimin questions Jungkook as he notices the bruises on his face, but Jungkook is avoiding the eye contact

"N-No one."

"Stop lying to me, Jungkookie," He holds up the boy's chin, and forces him to look at him in the eyes. "Who has done this to you?" He repeats his question once again in order to hear the boy talking.

As Taehyung sees these two talking in a corner, he runs towards them, and pulls Jungkook in a tight hug. "Ah, I missed you." Taehyung leaves a kiss on his cheek, and pretends like Jimin does not even exist, but that does not stop the curious boy to figure out where Jungkook got those bruises from.

"Which asshole has done that to your face?" Angrily, he asks once again, and shouts. "I am not going to ask you again."

Taehyung grips Jungkook's wrist to take him away from there, because all of the students are now paying their attention to them in order to see whether they are going to start a fight or not.

Jimin pushes Taehyung to the wall, and grabs him by the collar. "You will not take him anywhere unless you tell what the fuck you have done to him," He shouts, but Taehyung laughs. "What is so funny about that?"

"Guys, please, everybody is watching—"

"Shut up, Jungkook," Taehyung shouts, and frowns. "This is between him and I, so stand aside."

Jimin punches Taehyung in the face. "Nobody tells him to shut up, you heard me?"

Taehyung spits blood on the floor, and punches him back in the face. "Nobody touches my face, you heard me?"

"Stop—" As Jungkook is about to calm the two friends down, Jimin punches him in the face, accidently, which causes Taehyung to take advantage of him.

"Jungkookie, are you okay?" Jimin questions as he sees that the boy has covered his face with both of his hands, trying to reduce the pain which has filled his whole body. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hit you."

Without saying anything, Jungkook just keeps looking at his eyes, and after a short time, he closes them, trying to forget about what has happened, earlier, but they are all interrupted when they hear the principal calling out their names.

6:45 PM;

"This is not the first time that he has come home with his mouth full of blood, and his face covered with bruises."

Jimin can hear his father talking with his mother in the bedroom as he peeks in.

"We're not staying here, anymore."

What is he talking about? If Jimin leaves, what will happen to Jungkook? Taehyung is not the right guy for him, and Jimin is just trying his best to do something in order to make him understand, but it seems like that Jungkook is blind, because he can not see how Taehyung hurts him by being a cheater.

"And," His father places both of his hands on his mother's arms, and holds them, tightly. "I found a new job there, a new and a better job, so it means that you don't have to over work yourself, sweetheart."

"What about Jimin, then?" His mother is still concerned about her son, because she knows him better than anyone, so it means that he will not accept this, easily.

"He has to understand," His father pulls her into a hug, and pats her back. "I'm sure that he will understand."

No.

They are wrong. They are way too wrong.

Jimin will never understand them, because he does not want to be a coward by escaping the city with his parents.

So, what is he going to do?