Chapter 38

Chapter 38: Trell

_____

We hop out the cap to stand I front of a long building. Only one story with a long blue gate. The ride was quiet I guess she was trying to keep her anger at me. I follow her to a door. She knocks.

"Hello Natasha. Here for little Brian?" Natasha nods.

"Yeah. Was he good?"

"Really. Actually I think Brian may be ahead of many of the students in the class. He showed excellent results in the tests I gave the kids with reading and writing." The teacher says

"They take tests.. In kindergarden?"

"You must be his brother." I give a confused head nod shake.

"Well yes, although they seem like games so the kids won't get overwhelmed. Gradually we will show them how those games are the same on paper." That was smart I guess. I stayed quiet.

"Oh Naty I had so much fun and-" Brian with his bounce curly hair just like his sister stops at the door before his eyes widen.

"Battle guy!!!" He runs up to me and hugs me with his small arms. I picked him up. I missed him. He actually was like the little brother I so wish I had.

"I missed you Buddy B" he shakes his hair in my face.

"Me too me too. Look what I draw." He wiggles down to take off his book bag and pulls out a drawing. It was me Natasha and him. I was really tall. Took almost the whole paper. I laughed. It was cute. I take it and put it to my face.

"Wow. Looks just like me!!" he smiles.

"Oh wait. Where are my ears?? Am I an alien?" I pick him up and run with him around the front of the building.

"Beep beep beep space ships landing. Aliens are here!" I put him down and watch him run to Natasha.

"Ahh Naty!" I smile. I wish I had something like this when I was his age. Anything. Anyone. I throw the thought away and walk towards Natasha, Brian. and the teacher.

"Your a good influence on him" the teacher says.

'No I'm not I'm a wanted drug killer what a great influence' I think in my head.

"He talks a lot about you. Don't lead him down the wrong path." I nod

"That's the last thing I would want to do." Is put him through what I went through as a child. The rest I say in my head but it was true. Natasha finishes up and grab Brian hand.

"Bye" they both say at the same time.

"Oh jinx!" Brian says.

"Like that show Naty. You can't talk" she closes her mouth and taps me. She starts hum talking.

"What is she saying Brian."

"She can't talk because I have jinx." I laugh

"When can she talk?"

"When someone says her name uh.. this many." He puts up three fingers.

"Three times." He nods

"Yup!"

"Natasha" I say. She stares at me as we walk.

"Natasha"

"No battle guy. Let her not talk." I laugh

"Okay. Sorry" I kiss her forehead. She moves away. Uh oh

Brian grabs my hand and starts jumping and swinging on me and Natasha's arm.