Three Things to be Thankful For

I don't celebrate Thanksgiving in my country but I got this idea. I needed a pregnant Connor before Christmas. Enjoy!

-----------

Third person's P.O.V.

12:00 noon

Hank and his very pregnant husband, Connor, were doing some final preparations for Thanksgiving. The decorations were almost done and they had enough food to cater to all their guests that would be arriving tomorrow. "You need to relax Con," Hank said as he snatched a corn and leaf wreath from his husband. "I can hang it up myself Hank," Connor said a bit annoyed by all the pampering he was getting. Connor was very aware of the babies in his womb but he didn't like being treated like a porcelain doll. At least not to this extent. "I just don't want you to hurt yourself," Hank replied as he hung up the wreath on their front door.

Connor sighed and asked, "Can I at least put the candle holders on the table?" Hank laughed and said, "Go right ahead but don't strain yourself." Connor made his way to the dinning room with a small box of candle holders. He took them out one by one and placed them in a pattern on the table. "Now all we need is the Cornucopia," Connor said as he went to retieve it from storage. He was halfway down the stairs when Hank took it from him. "Seriously?!?!" Connor yelled frustrated. Hank chuckled slightly as he disappeared into the dinning room. 

Connor huffed and went back up the stairs to their bedroom. He sat down on the bed and mumbled to himself, "I can't do nothin' in this house." He propped up his pillows and opened the draw of his bedside table. He took out his favourite book and began reading it again. He soon fell asleep with the book over his face. Hank came in to check on Connor and smiled at the sight of his husband. He then took a blanket and draped it over Connor's sleeping form. Hank turned off the lights and closed the door softly behind him. 

Two hours later... 2:00 p.m. 

Connor woke with a start when he felt like he wet himself. "Don't tell me you're coming now," Connor said as he stood up slowly to check if he actually peed himself. Connor felt a sharp pain in his lower back and his abdomen. He yelled, "HANK! THE BABIES ARE COMING!" Hank immediately rushed up the stairs to his husband. "Holy shit you're actually in labour," Hank said. "Why would I fake labour?!?!" Connor yelled as the contraction ended. "Sorry," Hank apologized as he went to help his husband get to the car and to a hospital. 

In the car Connor had another contraction. "Can you drive any faster?" Connor asked as he winced in pain. "I'm driving as fast as I can," Hank replied as he overtook another car. "Wait!" Connor said as the second contraction ended. "What? Did we forget something?" Hank said as he stoped at a stop light. "We need to tell everyone that's coming tomorrow what's happening," Connor said as he took out his phone. He dialed Markus' number first.

"Hey Connor," Markus said. "Hi Markus," Connor said. "You sound like you're in pain," Markus said a bit concerned. "I'm in labour," Connor said as Hank parked in the car at the hospital. "What?!?!" Markus yelled on the other line. "Please tell everyone else we're at the hospital," Connor asked as Hank helped him out of the car. "I will. I'm sure we'll all see you there tomorrow," Markus said then hung up. 

"C'mon Connor," Hank said as he opened Connor's door. Connor got out of the car and the couple made thier way into the hospital. They reached the front desk and the receptionist said, "Good day gentlemen. What is the purpose of-" Connor's cry of pain cut her off. She looked at Connor and said, "Oh!" She took a spare wheelchair from nearby and ushered Connor to sit on it. She handed Hank some documents to fill out and pointed them in the direction of a semi- private room for them to wait until delivery. 

Once they arrived Hank helped Connor change into a hospital gown and helped him into the bed. "How long does labour normally last?" Connor asked out of breath from his last contraction. "It's different for everyone," Hank said, "Some people are in labour for days." "Days?!?!" Connor exclaimed shocked. He huffed and laid back on the pillows. "We'll be here forever!" Connor said as tears streamed down his face. "Calm down ConCon," Hank said as he tried to reassure his husband. "You don't tell a pregnant person to CALM DOWN!" Connor snapped as hormones overcame him.