A Dance to Remember

Here comes Princess Connie and Hank. You'll see why a particular dance was one to never forget. Enjoy!

-----------------  

Third person's P.O.V.

"You'll do amazing Hank," Conan told him. Hank put on his mask for the masquerade ball. He took a deep breath to calm his nerves. He's done so well impressing the princess throughout the social season. He was definitely in the top three suitors. All he had to do now was not mess up the waltz and Connie could potentially choose him tomorrow. "Thank you for everything," Hank said. "No need to thank me. I just want my bro- sister to be happy," Conan replied. Hank raised an eyebrow at him but decided to brush it off. Hank walked out of the room and made his way to the ballroom. He stopped outside of the doors and took one last deep breath before he entered.

All of the suitors were dotted throughout the room. Some chatted to one another and others were already drinking wine and eating hors d'oeuvres. After a few minutes of waiting, Princess Connie made her appearance. She stood at the top of the stairs in a galaxy themed dress with a matching mask. She was absolutely stunning. Once she was down the stairs, music started playing. Conan gestured for Hank to dance with his sister. Hank then went up to Connie and bowed. He took her smaller hand in his, kissed it and asked, "May I have this dance?" "Of course," Connie replied. They made their way to the centre of the ballroom and the musicains started to play the waltz. They got in position and started dancing. 

"Everyone's staring at us," Connie said. "Why wouldn't they want to look at you?" Hank asked as he lead Connie around the room, "You're an angel." "They all like how I look but none of them actually love me for who I am. They just want to be king," Connie replied. That was very much true. None of the other suitors liked Connie for who she was on the inside. They only cared about her crown. The two continued dancing around the room. Connie was still clearly upset. "What's wrong Connie?" "N-nothing," Connie replied. Connie stutters when she lies. "Don't lie to me please," Hank said. "I'm sorry," Connie replied, "I'm just nervous." "Whatever for?" Hank asked. Connie wasn't the type of person to stress over things. She was always so calm. Whatever she was worried about had to be something big. The dance ended and Connie said, "Meet me where we first met after the ball." Hank nodded and Connie walked off to mingle with the other guests. For the rest of the night, Hank was worried about what Connie would tell him. He hoped it wasn't anything bad. 

Later that night

Hank made his way to where he first met Connie. The gardens. He looked around to make sure no guards were around. Once he checked everywhere he made his way to the fountain area. Surely, Connie was there sitting on the ledge of the fountain. Her shoes weremkicked off to the side and she seemed lost in thought. Hank made his way over to her and sat down beside her. "Hey Connie," Hank said. "Hi Hank," Connie replied. She looked up at the starry night sky and gulped nervously. Hank frowned slightly and put his hand over hers. "What's wrong Con?" he asked. "I... I have something to tell you," Connie said. Hank gave her hand a gentle squeeze and said, "You can tell me anything." Connie sighed and got up. She began pacing up and down in front of Hank. "It... it isn't a simple thing," she said, "What I'm going to tell you might make you think of me differently." Hank was confused. "What could you possibly tell me that would change how I think of you?" Hank asked standing up and taking Connie's hands in his own. A light blush spread across Connie's face. She took a deep breath and moved Hank's hand into position for the waltz. "Dance with me will I explain," Connie said. "Whatever makes you comfortable," Hank replied. 

Hank and Connie began dancing around the fountain. They had heard the waltz music so many times that it was easy to know when to do everything. "What is it that you want to tell me?" Hank asked. "I've been thinking about a lot of things recently," Connie began, "Not only the future of this kingdom, but who I really am." Hank twirled Connie then asked, "So you've been trying to figure yourself out?" "Yes and I think I've figured myself out," Connie replied. Hank grew nervous. "What is she going to say?" he wondered. Hank twirled Connie again as she said, "I'm trans." "That's it?" Hank asked slightly relieved. "Y-you're not upset?" Connie asked confused. Hank dipped Connie then said, "I don't care what gender you are Connie. I love you for you and nothing in this world could change that." Hank didn't expect what happened next. While he was bringing Connie back up, sh- he wrapped his arms around Hank's neck and smashed their lips together. Hank quickly melted into the kiss. After a few minutes of intense snogging, Hank brought Connie back up and broke the kiss. They were both panting heavily.