7. The things you overlook Toby:

I knew it all along. Faye is up to something. I know about her dreams, she's dreaming about someone called 'Tea' and she is getting very stressed about it. I know because she screams her name every night and then I stand at the door and spy on her and she cries and cries until she gets back to sleep. That isn't normal behaviour so she must be very worried.

At first I thought she was screaming out about tea. But then I realised we had had pasta the night she started the screaming which is her favourite so then I thought it might be the drink, but she likes tea, she drinks it sometimes. So it must have been a person, I racked my brains to think of who Tea could be. Then I remembered that she's been acting strangely for quite a while now, like she's trying to work something out. She has been quiet, quieter than usual and she is often staring into space in her own world.

I decided to ask a few questions, well when I say a few I normally mean loads.  Anyway, all I could get out of her was "its a friend. That's it." She is lying. She always lies to me, she thinks because I'm only eight I don't know what's happening but I do. I know about her real mum and I know that my dad didn't split up with Faye's mum because they didn't love each other, it was something else, something forcing them apart. I didn't work all this out on my own, Faye needs to learn how to listen in to people's conversations, it will help her out a lot in life I think.

I need to know what is going on and I'm going to work it out. Then, she will have to tell me everything.

Authors note:
Do you think adding Toby was a good idea? He is definitely funnier than Faye, I just don't know if the simple writing to represent the fact he is only 8 makes the story boring. I would live to hear your opinions and ideas. Anyhow thanks for reading this rubbish. :)
B