13. Sacred Hearts Faye:

The most recent dream we have had yet was of a village called, believe it or not, Sacred Hearts.  It was spooky, seeing the words in my dreams as well as in real life and I never thought it might mean something important.I just though that they were words I had picked up from somewhere randomly and now wouldn't leave me alone, all part of me going mad. Now, I have come to realise that maybe I'm not going mad and this is my bodies or my minds way of telling me this place is important. I suppose it gave me a new leash of hope and I kind of needed that right now. I suppose looking back at it now, it was obvious that they were there for a reason.

This dream is only the second dream where me and Tea have been able to discuss things, but this time, they were serious.

We arrived in a cute little village with medieval cottages and cobblestone paths, it was hot and sunny. There was a clear blue sky and a fresh cooling breeze all around us, there were birds chirping cheerfully and I could smell freshly baked bread coming from one of the houses. It was lovely being there but we didn't really know what we were supposed to do next. We decided to have a look around the little shops.

We were having a great time looking at all the funny, quirky things the shops were selling. Each shop was individual and unique and it just added to the prettiness of the village. We went to a cafe and bought ice creams with the money that suddenly appeared in our pyjama pockets, it acted as if it had been there the while time; I suppose it was a dream.

Although we were having a fantastic time, I felt there was something not quite right, something a little odd about the villagers, there was something missing. I couldn't work out what was wrong and Tea hadn't seemed to have noticed anything strange so I carried on eating my ice cream and thought I must just be being too paranoid, forgetting that Tea wasn't the most observant of people.

After we had finished our homemade ice creams, we went to look in a candle shop, it was tiny and I think that must have been why I saw the shop keeper's eyes. In other shops, they were slightly bigger so we just went in and looked around and didn't pay much attention to the villagers behind the counter but this one was so small you couldn't have fit more than three people in at a time. As soon as we went through the door, Tea went straight over to smell the candles and as I went to follow her I turned around to look at the woman behind the counter. I stared at her for a moment and then I knew what was wrong. She had dull, black, beady eyes that looked like marbles and she wore a blank expression on her face, as if she wasn't really there. I turned around to Tea in a panic, occasionally glancing back round to the woman. We needed to leave this shop, now.

Tea was too busy smelling the fragrant candles to have noticed my panicked attempts to get her attention. They did smell gorgeous and looked magnificent. I tried to get her attention so I could make her look at the woman, getting more and more desperate, but she wasn't getting the hint. In the end I yelled
"TEA, do you want to buy that?" She stopped what she was doing immediately, shocked by the sudden outburst with a puzzled expression on her face. I repeated my question to her, trying to stay calm. She asked,
"Why are we in such a hurry all of a sudden?" she still hasn't got it.

"Just buy the candle." I said with a look of pleading on my face.

There was a silence, I could see she was trying to see what it was that I wanted and then she nodded, she had understood that something was wrong. Finally. She walked up to the counter in silence and got out her money, she looked up to the woman with the money in her outstretched hand, she froze and just stared at her for a second, like I did. She slowly turned to me, still with an outstretched hand and wide eyes.  I nodded slowly and she sheepishly put the candle back on the shelf, muttered sorry to the woman and walked out of the shop. I had no choice but to follow her as she carried on down the road and towards the park. She entered the park and sat down on an old wooden bench under a tree which said 'To Alan Johnston who loved to sit here.'