Chapter 1

It was around 3 AM in the morning and I couldn't sleep, so I got up and turned my lights on. I sat at my desk and was on my computer, then, I heard something outside.

I wasn't sure if it was my imagination or not, but I looked out my window to check, it was almost pitch black outside and I couldn't see anything. I decided to just sit back down at my computer, I started typing but then heard something again, this time, I was sure it wasn't my imagination.

I went downstairs with my flashlight, and my parents were asleep so I had to be quiet, and went outside.

I waved my flashlight around a bit and didn't see anything, but then, I heard some rustling through the bushes next to my house.

I pointed my flashlight to them and something was coming out of them, I was breathing heavily and was about to run, when I saw that it was just a kid. I pointed the flashlight to the kids face,

"Jughead Jones?" I said confused.

He blocked the light by putting his hands to his face and said. "Ya- will you get that thing out of my face?"

"Sorry.", I said pointing it a bit lower. "What are you doing outside at 3 in the morning?", I asked just realizing that it was freezing out, and Jughead was only wearing pants and a jacket.

"I-uh-" Jughead started to say but didn't really say anything. He was fumbling with his words when I said,

"Do you wanna come inside?"

He looked up at me and said, " I mean, if you don't mind..." I was shocked. Why was the most popular guy in the school being nice?

"I don't mind." I said.

We walked inside and sat down in my kitchen. I offered him water, but he declined.

"So...what are you doing out at 3 AM in the morning?" I asked.

He sighed and started to explain,
"I don't live in a great part of town, and half of the time- I don't live there at all. My dad likes to drink a lot so I'm not really home all that much, and my mom and sister don't live here."
I was shocked, Jughead Jones, the perfect bad boy...has issues?

"Oh- wait- you saying that most nights you just walk around town till dawn?" I asked.

"I mean ya, pretty much." He answered.

Before I could say anything, my mom walked downstairs. "Betty, what are you doing up...its 3:15-" My mom said groggily, then, she saw Jughead.

"Excuse me! Why is there a boy in this house at this hour!?" She almost yelled.

"I'm sorry ma'm, I'll go." Jughead said standing up.

"Jug-" I said before getting interrupted.

"Thanks so much-" He started to say not knowing my name.

"Betty."

"Thanks so much Betty, but I'll be fine." He said walking out of the house.

"Mom!" I yelled at my mom. "Elizabeth Cooper! You know better than not to have boy in this house in the middle of the night!" My mom snapped back.

"He had no where to go!" I yelled. "That's it. Go to your room. Your grounded!" My mom yelled.

And as I went up to my room, I couldn't help think that this was going to be a start of something different.