Chapter 4

Betty POV
I ran after Jughead and we just got in his car and left. He seemed pretty mad, I didn't know what to say.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Pops." He said trying to smile. "A deals a deal." He said.

We arrived at Pops and sat in a booth. We ordered our food and it was pretty quiet.
"So...you really don't drink?" I asked him.
He shook his head.

"I mean you go to a different party like every day. You really don't drink at all during those?" I asked.

"No." He said. But I wasn't sure if i believed him.

"Why?" I asked.

"It's just kinda stupid to drink as a teen...and I was gonna drive us back." He said but it was quite easy to tell that wasn't the real reason.

"Cmon Jug. If we are gonna do this we need to know each other. So don't lie. I said. "This isn't something you really need to know." He said sounding a little bit irritated. I just gave him a look.

He sighed, "Fine. If you really want to know-my dad is an alcoholic. And I don't wanna turn out like him."

He said looking embarrassed. "Oh..." I said looking down. I felt bad for asking now- he clearly didn't want to talk about it.

"And tonight's not gonna help my reputation at all- come Monday- everyone will be scared to even look at me." He said frustrated. "You shouldn't care what people think about you." I said lightly grabbing his hand.

He looked up at me confused- but he didn't seem to mind. So I didn't let go. "How do even like that kid?" Jughead asked.

"Archie?" I asked.

"Ya. He's an asshole- he used to be my best friend freshman year- I told him everything- even about my dad- I told him I'd never get drunk. He knew I wouldn't want to take the drink tonight. He did it on purpose." Jughead said sighing.

"I don't know what happened tonight...Archie's usually sweet and always thinking of others. He's probably just jealous- which is what we want right?" I said.

"Right." Jughead said looking down and pulling his hand away from mine. I looked at him confused. And it was silent for about a minute. Jughead then picked up a part of his shirt and smelled it.

"Crap. Archie got beer on my shirt." Jughead said.

"Well its just a shirt right?" I said.

"Um-ya. Its just a shirt." Jughead said.

"Well I should take you home- Jughead said getting up and taking his wallet out of his pocket- he looked through it disappointed.
"Hey Jug, you can pay me back next time-it's alright." Pop said from across the room.

"Thanks Pop." Jughead said.

"Well no- it's alright I can pay." I said pulling out my wallet. "No Betty really, it's ok." Jughead said stopping me. "Nonsense. I'm the one who asked you out here- I'll pay." I said.

Jughead tried to stop me but I was already walking over to Pop. Jughead then drove me home.

"Thanks for driving me." I said walking out of the car- it was only 10:30. "No problem, see you Monday."He said and started to drive away.

I walked inside and saw my mom. "Betty! What are you doing home so early?" My mom asked confused.

"We left the party early- it just got kind of...boring." I said.

"Oh. Well I hope you had fun." She said. "I did. Thanks. I'm gonna go to my room."I said and stared going up to my room.

"Oh, and I couldn't find your jacket, it took my a long time and then I just gave up. I understand that you left." She said.

"Ya, ok..." I said and then went up to my room.

Jughead POV
I parked the car and stayed there for a while.
When I finally walked inside it was 11PM. I came in very quietly- hoping that my dad was asleep.

"Hey- thought you were coming home at 12? He asked confused.

"Ya, I decided to leave early..." I said. "Just giving you the keys back- and I'm gonna go-" I said.

"No stay-" My dad said walking up to me and stopping mid-sentence. "What happened to your face?" He realized.

I didn't answer.

"And...why is your shirt covered in beer?!" He said aggravated. I looked off to the side for a brief second and saw bottles of beer on the floor. I sighed.

He was drunk...and that wasn't good for me.