Chapter 10

Jughead POV

And that was the last thing that I remembered.

Betty POV

I was sleeping when I got woken up around 4 AM with a call from an unknown number. I answered it groggily,

"H-hello?"
"Hey, is this-uh-Betty?" A voice said.
"Yes...who is this?" I said tired and confused.
"Uh-this is Jughead's dad." He said.

I sat up in shock. Crap. What happened now?

"You're his girlfriend right?" He asked.
"Um...yes." I said.
"Well- he's kinda at the hospital right now- he got really sick at home-passed out- so I took him here." He said.
"Holy shit." I said.
"I-uh-I'll be there in 20."

I said throwing on a coat as I thought to myself, damn, why does Jughead always have to get in to trouble at night?

I snuck out and took my bike to the hospital. When I got there- I looked around-and saw a man waving to me. I assumed it was Jughead's dad.

"Hi-uh-Mr.Jones." I said.

"Hi Betty." He said shaking my hand.

He seemed really on edge. "So...what exactly happened?" I asked.

"Well I was asleep-and I woke up to some stumbling. I got up and checked what was going on, it was Jughead, he was throwing up in the bathroom. I asked him if he was fine and he nodded. But he looked sick. So I asked again, when he nodded for the second time- he passed out. So I took him here." He said.

"They got me waiting to see how he'll turn out." He said. I nodded. I wonder what got Jughead sick. Then a nurse walked up to me and his dad.

"Hi, are you Forsythe's dad?" She asked. He nodded, "Any news? Is he going to be ok? What happened?" He asked.

"Well- he had some internal bleeding- the doctors aren't sure from what though. You can see him now-but- family only." She said. "The girls as close as family can get." He said. "Alright." The nurse said.

Forsythe? I thought. What the hell is a Forsythe?

As we came into the room- Jughead was asleep- his dad had sat down next to him. I sat on the other side of him. "Mr.Jones-" I started to say.

"It's FP, you can call me FP." He said.

"Oh- FP, did Jughead...tell you anything? That might've caused this?" I asked. "Maybe...he did tell me he got jumped- after he came home from the movies." FP said.

"The movies? When was that?" I asked. "Friday night." He answered.

Jughead must've not told his dad about the party. I nodded my head. I saw FP pulling out a flask and drinking from it- I mean- I couldn't blame him. His son was in the hospital.

"Alright...I'm gonna head over to the store next to us and grab something to eat. You want anything?" FP said. "I'm ok. Thanks." I said.
As he walked out. I sat closer to Jughead.
I started to say,

"Hey Jug. I'm not sure if you can hear me or not...but I really hope you can. I'm so sorry for how I acted with you. I knew what you were going through...and I was still a bitch. I'm so sorry. You don't deserve me- even in a fake relationship. Please wake up. I don't know how I ever liked Archie. I mean I have my whole life. But...it finally stopped...when I met you. I don't know what it was, but something had changed. I stopped wanting to hang out with Archie and... I enjoyed spending time with you. We've only been "dating" for 2 1/2 days, but since I met you,  my whole life's been different. I need you Juggie. Please wake up."

I started to cry. I didn't even know how much I cared about Jughead. I couldn't stand him with breathing tubes- I couldn't stand to see him in pain. I just cried.

Then, I felt something. A touch on my hand.

I opened my eyes and saw Jughead-awake.

"Jughead! Oh my god- are you ok?! Do you feel alright? I'm sorry for-" Before I could finish my sentence...

He pulled me down- and kissed me.