Chapter 2

Betty POV
I had woken up to go to school, barely remembering the night before. I had arrived at school and was waking down the hall to my homeroom when I spotted Archie.

"Hey Arch!" I yelled across the hallway.

He noticed me and signaled bye to his friends. God he was so cute with his dazzling brown eyes, and his muscles, and his perfect smile-

"Hey Betty!" Archie said snapping me out of my daze."I haven't seen you in a while!" Archie said as we started walking.

"Ya I've been kind of busy studying for the SATs and all my extra circular activities. And you have football season coming up." I said.

Then, as me and Archie were walking, I saw these two popular girls looking at us- they were giggling. I started to notice that everyone was staring at us. I got really nervous."Well Archie- I gotta go- see you around." I fumbled and ran on.

"Wait Betty!- See you around." Archie said and started to walk back.

I ran to the nearest bathroom and pulled out my phone. It was blowing up with texts from random numbers and pictures being sent to me of how I like Archie. I froze. Oh no, oh no, oh no!!! What was I gonna do?! No one could no the truth!

I stepped out of the bathroom and felt someone grab my arm, it pulled me into an empty room and the door was shut.

"What the hell!-Jughead?!" I said.

"Sorry sorry. Can we talk?" Jughead asked.

"Sure-about what?" I said.

"Well...you know about my reputation and how everyone thinks I'm this bad kid who'll shiv you if I got the chance-?" He asked a bit embarrassed. I nodded my head slowly.

"Well...it's gotten so bad that no one even wants to talk to me! They are mortified of me! And I don't even know what I did to make them that way!" He said.

Now that I think about it- I've never actually seen Jughead acting bad- sure he looks it- but he's never done anything to make people believe he was a criminal.

"Ya I have some problems too- you know Archie?" I asked. Jughead rolled his eyes,
"That popular football kid with the red hair?"

"Ya-well-we are best friends- and- I've had a mega crush on him since grade school- and somehow- people found out. And I don't know what to do to stop him from realizing." I said.

We stood there in silence for a few seconds.
"Wait! I have an idea! We can fake date!" Jughead said.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Think about it- if you, "date" me, then, Archie will know that the rumors are fake, because you have a boyfriend! And -dating a good girl like you- would definitely fix my reputation."

"I'm not a perfect good girl..." I said a little frustrated. Jughead looked at me with a sarcastic face- damn he was really hot.

"Oh please Betty- name one thing that you've ever done that's not a, "good girl thing". I thought a bit.

"Ok so maybe I am a good girl..."

We both started laughing. "But...if I think about it...fake dating would be a great idea."

"So then it's settled." Jughead said grabbing my hand and taking me out of the room.
He pulled me to the middle of the hallway.

"What are we doing?" I asked looking up.
"Making it official." He said. He put one of his hands in my hair, which I wore down today- and the other one on my hip. He lifted me up a bit and looked into my eyes.

Then- he kissed me.