Chapter 12

Betty POV

We were both staring at the TV-

The news was on, and this is what was playing:

Headlines: Store near Riverdale General Hospital Robbed- Suspect in Custody- 3 men injured- 1 man dead.

"B-Betty...d-didn't you say that my-my dad went to the store- right before I woke up?..." Jughead said holding back tears.

"Jug- it's probably not that-" I said being interrupted by the news.

Hello to the town of Riverdale. I'm your reporter- Dylan Porter- reporting to you live from the store- we have the suspect in custody, who robbed this store around 4:30 AM this morning- and shot four innocent bystanders- the cashier, Donald Bridget- a 35 year old man- and three customers- Maria Gonzalez- a 20 year old woman- John Crabapple- a 32 year old man- Charlie Vector- a 27 year old woman- and FP Jones- a 46 year old man- who was shot in the chest- killing him. The three others are in the hospital right now..."

The rest was all muffling to us.

I turned around to Jughead- to see him with tears in his eyes. "N-no..." Jughead said weakly.

I tried not to cry- I tried to be strong for him.
"It's ok...come here-" I said hugging Jughead as he cried into my arms. I take back what I said before- seeing Jughead like this- was much worse than seeing him in pain.

"I-I'm all alone now." Jughead said crying.
" I don't have anyone else- I'm alone." He said crying even harder. "You're not Juggie- you still have me- you'll always have me." I said starting to cry too.

In a sense, Jughead was right. His mom was in Toledo with his sister, and his dad was now dead.

He had no one else to take care of him.

"Sure, he wasn't the best parent in the world- but he was still by dad. Jughead said. "D-despite all the bad things h-he's done- he is still my dad." He stuttered.

I hadn't thought about it that way. I just saw him as an abusive dad- but despite all of the horrible things he has done to Jughead...Jughead still only had him as his care taker.

Jughead would've never hated his dad- because it was the only one he had.