Chapter 14

Jughead POV

"Y-you're dead." I said.

"What do you mean Jug? I'm right here!" My dad said.

"H-how?" I stuttered.

"This-this can't be real. You died." I said.

"Come on- you said it yourself-" He said stepping into the room. I jumped back and out of my bed. "What's wrong? Jug, it's me!" He said.

I sat down.

"I'm going crazy." I said starting to cry. "Jughead you need to calm down. It's just me." He said walking over to me.

"Hey- look at me." He said.

My head was down, in my arms.

I looked up. He was right there. Sitting in front of me.

"You aren't really here..." I said. "You can't be."

"Jughead...you feeling alright?" He said.

I looked back down and just cried. When I looked back up. He was gone.

*the next morning*

Betty POV

I had gone to check on Jughead before I went to school-

"Hey Jug, you doing ok?" I asked peeping my head into the room. "Uh-ya. Fine." He said startled and sitting up. "You sure...?" I asked again.

"Yes. I'm great Betty. Perfectly fine." He said a little bit weird. "Ok..." I said walking out of the room.

Through this entire period of time- I had made a new friend. A girl I once hated- Veronica Lodge. Getting to know her was actually kinda nice. I arrived at school and went to her.

"Hey B!" She said hugging me.

"Hey..." I said awkwardly.

"So how have things been?" She asked.
I wasn't about to tell her everything that was happening- so I decided I'd talk about Archie.
"Um...well me and Archie are kinda in a rough spot." I said.

"Well, aren't you dating that kid, Mug-head or something?" She asked. "Jughead. But ya." I corrected her.

"I've just been friends with Archie for so long, and, I don't know. We haven't talked in so long."

"Hey! Where is that Mug-head kid anyways, he hasn't been in school?" She asked. I swear, sometimes- talking to Veronica is like talking to a brick wall.

"He's um...sick." I said, technically not lying.
"Oh." She said.

"Well- I gotta go meet up with my boyfriend Reggie- uh- toodles! Love you gurl!" She said hugging me and leaving.

Then- walking in the hall- I saw Archie. I needed to see if Jughead was right. So- I went up to him. "Arch!" I said approaching him.
"Betty? Hey." He said.

"So...what's up?" I asked.

"Nothing much- hey- you know why Jughead hasn't been in school recently?" He asked.

"He's-just-uh-sick. Just a cold." I answered.

"Sick?" Archie looked confused. "Jughead had a fever of 103 once and still came to school- he cant be missing cause he's sick with some cold." Archie said. "Well he is now- look-" I started to say.

"Oh! How are you and Jughead? I mean we did kinda kiss and all so..." He said. "Ya, I know. But me and Jug got back together- he forgave me." I said.

"What?! That's crazy- I mean...great for you guys!" He said. "Ya-I gotta go Archie- bye." I said walking away.

That was weird.

Jughead POV

I had snuck out of Bettys house- and found myself on an apartment building rooftop. Everything felt horrible and I really couldn't take it anymore.

I had something in my hand. A note. I reached the end of the 20 story high building and cried.

"Give me a sign. Anything. That this isn't the end." I looked down.

It was high.

I've always had a fear of heights.

Not anymore.

The wind picked up. And I decided. I wouldn't do this. I would try. I had to keep trying. I turned around- when I saw my dad.

I was going crazy- he had died.

"Sorry Jughead- but this is your destiny." He said smiling.

He then pushed me off.