Chapter 13

Betty POV

*2 days later*

Jughead had been completely silent since his dad died. The doctor discharged him after 2 days, and we went to my house. My mom knew everything that had happened-so she didn't ask questions. I was starting to really worry about Jughead- he wouldn't talk- he wouldn't eat- he wouldn't sleep. He just woke up- sat in my room all day- and "went to sleep".

"Jug?" I said walking into our guest room after school the day after we had left.

He just sat there. "Look-Jug" I sat down next to him- "I know this must be hard for you-and I get you don't want to talk- but please- have a sandwich at least...just a piece of bread." I begged.

"I'm not hungry." He said quietly.

That was the first time I've heard him talk since the hospital. "You haven't eaten in 3 days...please Juggie. Anything..." I pleaded.
I grabbed his hand. He jumped.

"Jughead?" I asked. A tear rolled down the side of his cheek. I tried to hold back my tears.

He was broken.

"You have to talk about it Jug- he won't just come back-" I said getting interrupted. "Who?" Jughead asked looking at me.

"Your-your dad..." I answered.

"My-my dads not dead." He said looking back.
"He's not dead-he's not dead-he's not dead." He said.

My eyes started to water. "Jug-" I said.

"I wanna be alone right now... Please." Jughead said through quivered lips.

So I left. This was going to take time. None of it- would just happen over night.

*that night around 1 AM*

Jughead POV

He wasn't dead. He couldn't be dead. I kept telling myself that. I sat awake in the bed. That was when I told myself- Betty is right. No matter how sad-scared-or in denial I was. I didn't want to die. So I decided I'd sneak into the kitchen and grab something to eat.
I heated up a piece of chicken- stopping the microwave when it only had a second left- not to wake everyone up. I had gone up to my room and eaten it- and then...I fell asleep.

*later*

I woke up again. Around 4 AM. When I heard something. "Jughead..." A voice called out.

It was familiar- but I couldn't seem to quite make out who it was. So I looked around- but I didn't see anyone.

It called again, "Oh Jughead..." I had left my door open before I fell asleep- and as I was looking around- I caught a glimpse of it- and stopped.

I started to cry,

"D-dad?"