Chapter 14

A/N:

Hello Lovelies, 

So sorry for the delay. I just had a personal issue. My very long term relationship ended yesterday. Years of my love and life just pouf into nothing. But I won't bore you with that stuff. The point is here is chapter 14. Unedited, but always here. Like me. I shall seek comfort in writing and communicating with you guys. And so, don't be silent. Comment, and if you like it vote and share. Thank you in advance. 

Without further ado, here is chapter 14. I hope you enjoy.

                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dr. Han looked at JK apologetically, confused as to what the correct course of action would be. What if he refuses and the boy does run away? He has never met him before, he doesn't know Taetae's personality in detail and considering the fact that the boy was much younger, more fit and would move undeniably faster than himself, he couldn't risk it. On the other hand, how can he agree? JK was only a student that came to him to learn. He shouldn't carry such a responsibility, especially one that's not his to bear. TH was his patient and so as of this moment, his "problem". Torn between the two choices he could not seem to make, he had turned to JK.

JK could see the confliction with himself on his teacher's face; he could see it clear as day. But he too was conflicted. Sure, he had moved out when he started going to university and so he lived alone; an extra guy in the apartment is not a big of deal, especially when you have the hots for them. But that was the problem. He was not a "he". He was a "them" and at the moment he was an 8 year old he had never known. He does not know what kind of temperament the "kid" has and if he can handle the latter or not.

After a few moments of staring back and forth at each other, confused and helpless, JK spoke up abruptly – "I'll take him."

"JK..."

"No, no, don't worry. I'll take him and I'll make sure to take good care of him. I'll keep my eye on him." – JK reassured the doctor.

"Are you absolutely sure?" – Dr. Han wanted to confirm his intern was not going to regret his decision – "Can you handle it?"

"Yes, I'm definitely confident that I can manage just fine. Please, go home and don't worry yourself too much about the matter. I'll be here tomorrow with him; yet again." – Chuckled JK at the irony of the situation. He has basically become the babysitter of each version of TH; not that he minds really. On the contrary, he's rather enjoying himself. Pealing the layers of the versions and the secrets of Kim Taehyung was becoming quite a rewarding and enjoyable commitment for the boy. It felt like he was meant for this. Quite silly... In just a few days feeling this sense of purpose and finding it in a complete stranger.

JK landed his gaze on the 8 year old – "Shall we go, little one?" – He asked while nodding his head, expecting a nod back that he got.

It was the cutest sight one could see; two fully grown sexy but cute men looking at each other and nodding their heads like kids. It was a rather strange sight, but oddly cute nonetheless.

They soon closed the clinic and left for home.

The Doctor and JK went opposite ways. On the way to his apartment, JK tried to make small talk, thinking maybe he should get to know him a little for precautionary purposes, to find out what kind of temperament the now "little one" has, otherwise it might get difficult keeping the latter in check. He can't afford to mess this up; firstly Dr. Han might not count on him anymore, secondly it was a man's life he was going to be held responsible for. What if he ran off and got into an accident? He cannot take any chances here.

"So... Taetae is it?" – The youngling nods his head adorably, the sweetest smile plastered in his face...

"You're 8, right?" – JK received another nod.

"So, what do you usually do when you're out? Do you have anyone to take care of you?" – JK was trying his best to read the facial expressions of the others in hopes to get better insight on what's going on in the youngling's mind. The boy had this blankness about him upon hearing JK's question. He scrunched up the edge of his mouth and looked at the man before him with helpless eyes that didn't really hold any sign of recklessness within them.

"I don't usually come out. I used to come out a lot before and when I did, TH didn't live alone. He lived with our parents. And when he got older and I came out when he was out or alone, I wouldn't really be alone; V would be with me."

"You mean you'd be coconscious? Does the doc know this? Have any of you told him?" – exclaimed JK.

"Co- cochunsons? What's that?" – asked Taetae wondering what this weird word means and why he was being asked that.

JK couldn't hold back his giggle, it was just too hard. Sure the word is difficult probably for an 8 year old who's never come across it, but the truth of the matter is he was still seeing an adult that was acting like a child, and the fact that he mispronounced that word was as funny as it was cute.

"It means both you and V would be out at the same time. You can both have control of your mind at the same time. Is that what happened?" – asked JK as he smiled a very calming and reassuring smile; the kind that let Taetae know he was safe.

"Yes. That's what it was like. I always had someone with me when I came out. This is the first time I'm alone." – Taetae frowned, an apparent worry washing over him – "I don't know what I'm going to do or what's going to happen to me".

That frown was the cutest yet most heartbreaking image JK had ever seen. It was getting ridiculous. It seemed as though no matter what emotion TH's face portrayed JK found it to be the cutest, most heartwarming thing he's seen. And it felt like it left a deep impression on him. What does this man keep doing to him? Even as a small child he managed to shake JK's heart. The man has JK wrapped around his finger.

JK and Taetae reached the apartment and sat down on the couch and JK continued – " Don't worry, sweetie. You won't be alone. As long as you're out you can stay with me. I'll take care of you. Will you trust me?" – questioned JK. He was trying his best to reassure the boy that he was safe with him; he meant every word.

"Of course I'll trust you. I already do! I told you I will trust you last time. Don't you remember?" – Taetae tilted his head, his face taking on an interrogative expression.

"Sweetie, have we really met? Are you sure you're not imagining things?"

Taetae furrowed his eyebrows, let out a huff, squeezing his mouth and nose into a pinch, anger clear on his face; a face JK fell in love with yet again – "You promised me you would help me and take care of me all those years ago and now you forgot?!"

Taetae's eyes became glossy and wet, tears threatening to fall down his puffy, fluffy cheeks – "You're making me sad" – he sniffled, trying to keep his nose from running – "I'm not telling you anything! You should have remembered! And you should think hard now to remember! Or else everything was pointless!"

"Sweetie, you need to explain to me so I can understand and help... Tell me." – Worry took over his heart and mind when JK saw tears spilling from the little one's eyes and so his heart panicked.

"NO!" – yelled Taetae as he sprinted off, running for the door.