Chapter 5

The morning dawns bright and clear. It's a beautiful morning outside, but to the turmoil in my soul, it looks too cheerful. Ugly even.

I scowl at Tago as Mufar drives up in the carriage that's taking me away. Tago assigns a entourage of soldiers to accompany me, but I immediately dismiss them. I'm traveling with Briss, Derrin, and Jaosh. The Seatadors decided that it would be good for our public image if Jaosh came along. I don't want to see him right now though. I'm not mad at him, I'm mad at the situation.

"Safe travels your highness." Tago says forcedly. I just roll my eyes and slam the carriage door shut. Tago may be one of my biggest enemy's on this earth and has control over my country, but he doesn't have control over me. He'll never have control over that one aspect. The carriage pulls away from the castle, leaving a little piece of my heart with it.

I scowl out the window as the country side rolls by. Nobody says anything. I sit as far away from Jaosh as possible, which is considerably hard, as the four of us are traveling in a carriage that normally fits two people. I'm sitting so close to him that I'm practically sitting on him. I turn slightly to look at him. He's looking out the other window, and doesn't notice me. His blonde hair is cut short, and he has large hazel eyes. Jaosh is tall. Folded up in a small space for hours like this must be like a death sentence to him. He's sweet and kind, and is exactly the type of leader Faiyria needs. Any girl in this continent would kill to marry him. I wonder why I can't just learn to love him. People for century's have done it. But then again, I'm not like most people. Jaosh catches my eye, and smiles tentatively. I manage to smile back weekly.

Somebody coughs awkwardly, and we both jump back to staring out of the window again.Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Derrin studying us intently with a slight frown marking his features. That's another difficulty. Since we kissed that day in the room where I was beaten, we haven't talked about anything but neutral topics. I think we both realized that it wouldn't be appropriate for us to be together. Since then, I've been able to lose myself in my work enough that I haven't had the chance to work out what I feel. We had a easy friendship. But now with this situation with Jaosh everything is spiralling out of my control, and there's tension between us. Ugh. Sometimes boys suck.

(A/N-To all my male readers, this is not my point of view. Boys don't suck)

I jolt awake hours later to Briss shaking me awake.

"Eadu-we're here. But why are we here?" She asks. I stretch my arms out, and yawn. I look out of the window, and sleepily smile. We've arrived where it all began. We're at Asenhouse.

We go inside. This is not where Tago instructed me to go, but as usual I didn't pay attention to any of his instructions. Mufar doesn't trust Tago much more then I do, so he didn't protest too much when I insisted we came here. I find the room I stayed in while I was pretending to be Lynx. The bed sheets are still rumpled from the last time I woke up there. I remember Kaone studying by the fire, and Briss pretending to sleep, but actually listening to Kaone's and mines conversations. I wander over to the corner and open the small set of drawers. They're still there. The clothes I came here in. My street clothes. They're crucial for my plan.

I quickly change into more casual clothes and head down to dining room. Mufar is already there. I plop down next to him and yawn once again.

"Why did we come here?" Mufar breaks the silence. I bite my lip and remain silent.

How to explain that I plan to leave in the middle of the night. How to tell him that I'm going to the Amazons, and I'm leaving him behind. How to say that I might not return. Of course, I can't say that to him, so I lie.

"I feel safe here." I whisper. Then the door swings open and I distract myself with other things.