Chapter 12

It must be my lucky day. I jump up and follow Mali quickly, my heart pounding. Fear, excitement, curiosity, and dread course through me. I'm not sure exactly what I'm supposed to be feeling. A mix of everything I guess.

We quickly scarf down some of last night's dinner for breakfast and hit the road. I mount a large brown horse with grey specks in it. Mali tosses me a knife.

"Take it."

I look closely at it. This is the crappiest weapon I've ever seen. A butter knife would serve me better.

"I want my knife!" I cross my arms over my chest and scowl.

"You'll take what your given." Mali stares me down. I refuse to budge. I have a pretty good death glare if I do say so myself. Eventually Mali sighs.

"Get the girl her knife." She shouts angrily. She throws it angrily at me.

I catch it smoothly and stick it in my waistband with a smug look on my face.

Mali scowls again at me before gracefully swinging onto her white horse. I tap mine in the ribs. He doesn't budge. I kick him harder. The horse whinny's, and rears up. I promptly fall off the horse and onto the hard ground. All around me people are laughing. I can feel heat rising to my cheeks. I grit my teeth. I want to punch somebody right now. But instead of showing my anger, I decided that I would get the last laugh. I stand up and take a bow.

"That folks, is how it's done." I say. Mali immediately stops laughing and glares. I walk back to my horse and climb onto it. We prepare to set off until there's a disturbance in the crowd.

"What now!" Mali murmurs.

Branwen pushes through the crowd.

"I'm coming with you! Please Mali!!" She begs. I smile. Mali glares at everybody.

"Fine!" She huffs. I offer Branwen a hand, and pull her up behind me. And without any more distractions, we head off.

It's about a five hour ride. Nobody speaks. I'm dehydrated and tired, and man I'm sore. Mali stops suddenly in front of me.

"We're here." She whispers. I brush my sweaty hair out of my face. We're in the middle of nowhere. A small clearing surrounded by trees. Mountains at our back, a ocean ahead.

"Wh-" I start.

"Shh!!" Mali whispers. She dismounts, and walks toward one of the trees.

"Hello. It's Mali from Morford. We come peacefully." She shouts. For a minute the words echo eerily.

Then the woods come alive.

Before I have time to react, I'm dragged off my horse and tied. I scowl at everybody. Mali is beside me.

"Don't resist. This is customary." She whispers. Women surround us. A single women with long blue-black hair and icy blue eyes strides foreword. She's tall and graceful. She lays her gaze upon Mali.

"Electra" Mali says coldly.

The woman, now known as Electra smiles.

"Hello sister."

It takes me a moment. Mali and Electra are sisters? Then I mentally kick myself. Of course. They look almost identical. Mali weakly smiles.

"Long time no see." She says. Electra grins.

"Untie this woman and prepare a feast. My baby sister is home!" Electra shouts. Girls rush foreword and untie Mali. She is lead off.

Electra's eyes turn to me. She looks at me carefully.

"And who are you." She asks disdainfully. I scowl.

"I'm Lynx. I'm here to join the Amazons."