Ch. 21: Misconceptions of the Male Gender

This fanfiction was never intended to bash the male gender, nor include biased views of men. The misconceptions mentioned are not my personal beliefs whatsoever, however, they are circulating our current society. These perceptions cannot be held true for a majority of men, yet they are still labels put on males.

Men are not savages, nor are they deplorable humans. Some just tend to steer that impression away from the truth, thus creating these misconceptions. There are many more than the ones listed, however, these mainly focus on the sexist side of misconceptions.

-

Misconception #1: The idea that men crave a sexual relationship over romance.

With a companionship comes the notion of pre-existing stereotypes concerning the genders present, which then breeds complications in a relationship. The correlation between sexual stimulation and romance is incredibly noteworthy, seeing as though the gratification earned from a trusting partner is much more euphoric compared to that of a one-night stand.

However, those were my beliefs, and in all honesty, I had proved those correct through my experiences with Levi.

Recounting specific events would be an invasion of privacy from Levi's standards, but in order to grasp the idea of my opinions, those measures were necessary.

Being with Levi was electrifying, in a sense that one, innocent touch from him could set my skin aflame. Even in the calmest and sweetest of nights, the warmth radiating from his body onto mine sent sensual chills down my spine. In some cases, I'm certain he was aware of my growing arousal, given my nature to sidle closer to him, or slide one of my legs in between his. However, he never gave in to my obvious pleas for an adequate release of the pent-up affection and fondness, and instead busied me by carding his fingers through my hair or palming my sides chastely.

I couldn't complain though, I was enamored with the fact that when he was presented with an opportunity to share a sexual moment with me, he turned it down, and would rather display a more tender side of himself in an attempt to ease me of my doubts. It was comforting, and I preferred it over intercourse. Perhaps it was the lingering effects of Pierce's abuse that caused me to find solace in Levi's meager actions, given that I had barely felt the compassion of another male's good intentions.

However, even though I tried explaining to Reiner the selflessness and affection Levi had shown me, he still glared at the raven-haired male and I, contempt burning in his golden irises.

The atmosphere was already suffocating before Reiner had stepped over the threshold and into the apartment, wandering eyes affixing themselves on the stranger in the room. There was a shimmer in Reiner's hues that seemed to spark and spin the cogs within his memory, almost as if he had seen our anxious guest somewhere before.

Many months prior on a weekday night after work, at Wesley's Bar nonetheless, the man in the living room was the same who ordered a whiskey on the rocks in a fatigued voice, and was somehow aware of my existence at Brightfield.

Reiner had glowered at Levi, and I knew all too well that he remembered the brusque and curt way Levi had treated me that evening. I could see it in his expression, the way Reiner was slowly connecting the dots between that event and the image depicted before him; it caused me to tremble slightly, to swallow the frightful lump in my throat as Levi finally sparred Reiner a welcoming glance.

"Roxanne," Reiner had called of me, "mind explaining to me what's going on here?"

Marco and Levi remained silent, staring at me with hints of intrigue as to how I would respond to Reiner's statement.