ALEX STANDALL

I was standing on the sidelines, practicing with my fellow cheer teammates for the next weeks upcoming football game. It was really important for us to learn the routine properly, we were all well liked and everyone loved it when we cheered for the guys on the team. We didn't want to embarrass ourselves in front of the whole school so it was mandatory that we knew it right down to a T. I wasn't really paying much attention though like I was supposed to be I was sort of... busy with other things. I guess you could call me in my cheer uniform staring at only the cutest boy in school as he sat on the bleachers doing his homework, 'practice.' It had been that way for the last few practices, I would stare mindlessly at him and get sidetracked for the rest of the hour long practice, he was just so... adorable and it was cute how hard he focused and how he bit his lip when he was really concentrated on-

"Hey! Kat!" I was abruptly pulled from my thoughts by one of my teammates yelling my name and throwing her pom pom at me. I felt it hit my side and I turned around to see what it was. "Don't bother, she's drooling over Alex Standall, again." Another girl rolled her eyes as she held her pom poms in her hands at her hips. I picked up the stray pom pom and threw it back at my teammate, completing her set of two again. "Shut up. I was not."

"Yes you totally were! Come on, what's so special about him anyways? He's not even cute. Why dream about him when you can think about Justin Foley or Monty De La Cruz?" The first girl  Amanda, added as a rhetorical question. I just shrugged my shoulders. I thought he was smart and nice and even cute. He was very cute and I liked him, a lot but, the other girls on the squad thought he was a huge nerd which, he was but he was a cute nerd.  "You can do better than him" Amanda then said. "Yeah like, Bryce Walker" Katie basically had heart eyes when she said his name. "Bryce Walker is a piece of garbage." I mumbled and ran the bottom of my white sneakers against the loose dirt, moving it around.

"I think Alex is nice" I shrugged again, looking at the lines I made in the dirt with my shoe. "If you think he's so nice why don't you go talk to him?" Bella piped in and I looked up at her. I bit the middle of my lip and slowly looked behind me at him, I smiled at the boy who was hunched over himself writing away in his binder. I then looked back to the girls. "I don't know"

"Well, if you like him so much I think you should go talk to him" she smirked. "Yeah me too" Amanda added. "Yeah come on Kat, go talk to your nerdy boyfriend" Katie laughed. I rolled my eyes and turned around and took a deep breath. "Fine. I'll be right back." I huffed. They acted as if he was a challenge that I had to conquer. I dropped the plastic pom poms on the ground and fixed my high ponytail before I started to stride towards the gate of the bleachers. I was now determined to talk to Alex Standall.

I opened the unlocked gate and climbed up over the railing, landing on the bleachers. I took two steps at a time and made my way to the top where Alex was. I came from the right side of him, walking on the bench. He was at the end of the top bleacher sitting by himself.  I jumped down from the bench and took a seat next to him he was too busy to even notice that I had sat next to him. I giggled a little bit and bit my lip, reaching my finger out and lightly tapping on his shoulder. It took a moment before he looked up from his notebook and looked straight ahead before slowly turning his head to look at me. His eyes looked over me and he almost looked surprised to see me sitting with him. "Um, hi. I'm Kat, Alex right?" I introduced myself and he shook his head 'yes.'

"H-hello." He spoke and then turned his attention back to his notebook. I peered over his shoulder into his lap looking at what he was writing. My hands gripped the underside of the silver, metal bench. "What are you working on?" I asked curiously. He quickly closed the book and set it beside him on the bench before looking at me again, I smiled. "Nothing..." he quietly answered and looked down at his feet then back up to me. "Did you need something?" He asked. I looked away and smiled a bit before looking back up to him. "Can I be honest with you?" I asked. He shook his head 'yes.'

I hesitated for a few seconds before o finally spoke. "Well... it's actually kind of dumb." I looked into my lap. "But for the past few days I've been admiring you from the field because I think you're really cute..." I explained but quickly realized that it didn't sound right, my eyes widened. "Oh, I-I didn't mean it like that I'm just- I'm not a stalker I just wanted you to know that I thought you were cute." I rambled and felt the blood rush to my face when I looked up at him he looked the same as me, embarrassed. "You think I'm cute?" He asked. "Um... yes, I do. And you're really nice and kind from what I've seen and heard." I said and chuckled at myself a bit. Alex bit his lip, "Thanks." He awkwardly replied, I nodded. "And so...since you know now, I was wondering if maybe you'd wanna...maybe hang out sometime with me?" I nervously blurted out, suprising both him and myself. "I-i mean- oh my God..." I covered my face to hide my embarrassment, this was a mess. "Um, Kat?" He spoke softly and peeled my hands away from my face. "Yeah?" I looked at him, he smiled. "I'd love to hang out with you maybe sometime" he said with a laugh, teasing me from earlier. I pursed my lips together as they turned into a smile. "You would?"

He shook his head 'yes.' as he stood up grabbing his things. "Meet me here tomorrow after school. We can do something together" he shrugged. "Okay, see you then" I couldn't help but smile as he made his way down the bleachers. "It's a date then!" He yelled and your stomach turned and you got butterflies at the mention of a date. I smiled even bigger if it was possible. "See you tomorrow!" I waved to him excitedly. I couldn't believe I had just came up here to talk to him and ended up having myself a date with Alex Standall.

There you go Kat! ( kindakayo ) I hope you enjoyed what I came up with it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Guys requests are always open don't be afraid to PM me a request about anyone from 13 reasons why, we'll talk and I'll see what I can do!

       - Kala 💜