ZACH DEMPSEY/ TYLER DOWN

for cherryxreadings

Y/N = Your Name

Your weekends were spent usually with your boyfriend, Zach. You'd go out on a date every saturday after his football practice. Lately he's been distant and had missed three of your Saturday's, ignored your calls and texts and barely even talks to you at school anymore. He says, "he's busy" but really you think- no, you know for a fact that it's because of Chloe Rice. Recently her and Bryce broke up and you knew that he used to like her before her and Bryce got together but now... you weren't so sure "used to" was in his vocabulary anymore. This weekend instead of going out, you stayed in at home. You were in your room curled up in bed crying to yourself as you watched stupid romantic movies, your relationship with Zach was inevitably falling apart and you knew it. You sighed, watching as Bella and Edward kissed for the first time. It made your heart hurt. you missed his lips, you missed him. it wasn't fair and you-

Your thoughts were suddenly interrupted by your phone going off. You sniffled and pressed pause on the movie, wiping your nose. You wiped your face and took a deep breath, your stomach turned as you picked your phone up. How so badly you wished it was Zach. You turned the screen on and immediately let out a small cry, your eyes blurred and more tears ran down your cheeks. It wasn't him.

The screen read,

New Message From Tyler Down:
Y/N... I am so sorry... are you okay?

You were confused by the message and quickly unlocked your phone to reply. It wasn't unusual for Tyler to message you, after all he was your best friend.

New Message To Tyler Down:
What are you talking about? and no.. not really. Zach hasn't said anything to me all day. We were suppose to go to dinner...

Read

Almost as soon as you sent it, Tyler read it. Your phone started buzzing and blinked Tyler's name across the screen. He was calling you. You answered immediately.

"Hey," you sniffled. Your voice was tired and congested from crying.

"Y/N..." he started. "You don't know do you?" he asked. You took a few seconds to answer. "I don't know what?" you closed your eyes and gripped your sheets, preparing yourself for whatever he had to say next.

"it's Zach... I- I saw him with Chloe..." he stuttered. You knew it. "and?" your voice cracked a little bit. "and... and they were kissing. after school. I saw him give her a ride home." he whispered into the phone.

Your face twisted and lip quivered as you tried to keep your cries in, but failed. You let out a pained whine and dropped the phone on your bed as you curled up, hiding your face under the blanket. hot tears and even snot mixed as they fell from your face from crying so hard. you were absolutely heart broken, you loved him so much and you thought he felt the same way back... guess not.

"Y/n?" Tyler called as he heard your cries through the speaker. Your pain angered him and all he wanted to do was beat the piss out of Zach but he knew that was more than unlikely. "Y/N, I'm on my way." he hung up, even though you couldn't hear him through your cries.

No less then 20 or so minutes later, Tyler had arrived at your house. Your mom let him in and he made his way up to your bedroom. He quietly knocked on the door before twisting the knob and opening it, he walked in and softly shut it behind him. He looked at the ball that was curled up in the middle of your bed, it was you. He watched it shake with each cry and he clenched his fist at his sides as he walked over to you. He sat down on the edge of your bed and hesitantly put his hand on your back rubbing softly. "Y/N..." he quietly said your name to let you know it was him. "I'm here..." he frowned. You immediately found the strength to move over to him laying your head in his lap. You uncovered your face, it was red and blotchy and wet from the tears. you looked up at him and he looked down at you and you only cried harder. "I-I... L-Love h-" you choked on your own words and he shook his head as you grabbed onto his shirt, hiding your face in his stomach. "shhh... I know... I know you do." he clenched his jaw shut and closed his eyes as he tried his best to comfort you. He rubbed on your back and bent down leaning his head against yours as he faintly rocked you back and fourth. "he's a fucking asshole." he mumbled. you nodded and wrapped your arms around his waist hugging him tightly.

you spent the next two hours like this in his lap as he calmed you down slowly, the only sound in the room was your sniffles and cries, Tyler was quiet and kept his thoughts to himself, not wanting to upset you further. After another 20 or so minutes you finally calmed down all the way and the tears had stopped, you still shook in his lap slightly. He pulled back to look down at you and you grabbed his sides, digging your nails into his skin without realizing, he winced a little bit. you didn't want him to leave. "I'm here.... I'm here. I promise" he brought his hand up to move you hair out of your face, it was sticking to your cheeks from your damp face. He cupped your cheek as he looked down at you and you started to play with the loose strong on his shirt and slowly looked up at him. he frowned at your red puffy eyes, "is there anything I can do?" he asked sweetly. You thought for a moment before shaking your head no and he sighed a little bit. "I'm going it fucking kill him for hurting you like this." he growled a little bit which caused you to slightly jump. he noticed and immediately softened his voice, "I- I'm sorry I didnt mean to scare you." you shrugged, pulling the string out of his shirt. "its okay... you know you didnt have to come all this way..." your voice cracked and you swallowed. you looked up at him again. "I'm fine, really..." you gave a fake smile, as you looked away it faded. "no you're not." you sighed and nodded. "thank you..." you told him.

"you dont need to thank me, I'm your best friend... of course I'm going to come and try to help you feel better" he watched you and rubbed softly on your cheek wiping your tears, he pressed his lips together as he looked at your plump ones and licked his own. he moved his thumb down to your chin and softly pressed his thumb against your bottom lip, he rubbed it slowly back and forth. When you noticed his touch you looked up at him and parted your lips slightly. You were quiet for a while, until you reached up to grab his wrist gently and your small hands. "Tyler...?" you barely spoke his name. That's when he suddenly leaned down and connected his lips with yours, pecking them softly. you sucked in a breath and kept your lips parted, looking at him as he pulled back. he looked at you and furrowed his brows realizing what he had done. "oh... fuck I- I'm sorry I shouldn't have done that... I'm such an ass-" you let his wrist go and reached up grabbing his face, pulling it down to yours again. you leaned up and pressed your lips to his again, kissing his lips very soft and slow.

You closed your eyes and let out a small whine, his soft lips felt amazing against yours, your stomach tingled. he kissed back instantly and held your face still. After a few seconds you slowly pulled away and layed your head on his lap, you looked at him and bit your lip softly. you both were silent. the only noise was the sound of the rain tapping on the windows. you wondered when it had started. you felt your face get hot and turned pink as you looked into his eyes. he smiled slowly at you, a soft one and leaned down to sweetly kiss your forehead. you smiled back and turned in his lap, hugging his waist again as you peeked up at him, still smiling just a little bit. You looked away and closed your eyes as he started to softly play with your hair, you both were quiet still listening to the sound of the rain. The rest of the night was spent with you laid in Tyler's lap cuddled up to him, holding him tightly and he that same, holding you against him quietly, until the both of you fell asleep together.

GUYS!! REQUESTS ARE ALWAYS, ALWAYS OPEN. IF YOU'D LIKE TO REQUEST A PREFERANCE OR ONE SHOT PLEASE DON'T HESITATE TO MESSAGE ME
KALA