Chapter Four

To their surprise, the train was practically empty. There were plenty of seats available, which was why Hanzo was annoyed when Jesse slid in next to him.

"Out of all the seats on this train," he muttered, "You have to sit right next to me."

The cowboy shrugged, looking around subconsciously. "I'm yer bodyguard. I gotta make sure you're safe."

"And you can't do hat from two seats behind me?"

"Nope."

The Asian sighed and rolled his eyes. "God, you're insufferable..." he grumbled, staring out the window.

Dusk soon turned to night, to the point where you could hardly see a thing. McCree admired the stars above them, he was never able to see them at the Blackwatch base. After a few minutes of stargazing, he felt a weight on his shoulder. Looking down,he was surprised to see it was Hanzo, who was fast asleep. He smiled faintly and continued to star at the stars.

The peace was ruined when when he heard the crackle of static in his ear. When the static cleared, his boss's voice came through."

"This is Commander Reyes of Blackwatch, do you copy?"

He brought his voice to whisper. "I copy."

"Thank God. Where are you right now?"

"Still in Route Sixty-Six, sir." He glanced down at the sleeping archer, trying not to disturb him.

"Dear God, did you pass out drunk in an alley?"

That's when he remembered. "Oh, no sir, I jus' lost my tracker-"

"You did what now?"

"I lost my tracker in a tussle. But no worries, I still have my earpiece. I can jus' tell you our location."

"You lost it in a bar fight?"

"No! In a fight with Hanzo!" He realized his voice was raising and quickly lowered it. "But no worries, I got 'im."

"You do?" Gabriel sounded slightly encouraged.

"Yeah, I got 'im. We're on a train to God knows where right now. I'll contact you when I know our location."

"Good work, Jesse. Keep this up, and you might get a promotion."

The southerner held back snicker. "Promotion? To what?"

"That's not important right now. What matters is that you keep me posted."

He bit back a sigh and mumbled, "Alright boss."

There was static, then silence. With a quiet sigh, the brunet glanced down at the sleeping man. "Whatever Gabe has in store for you, I hope it's somethin' good."

And with that, he drifted off to sleep.