Chapter Twelve

They checked into the hotel around midnight. It was still unnerving to Jesse to see four zeros on a digital clock, but he was slowly getting used to it. When they walked into the hotel room, Hanzo was making a beeline for the restroom.

"I didn't mean to offend you!" the cowboy called out, catching the other's attention. He looked back at him with a confused expression.

"I'm not offended I just need a moment to... Prepare myself."

The brunet found himself sitting on the bed, his hat in his hand. In the back of his mind, he made note that there was only one queen sized bed in the room. "Prepare? For what?"

He sighed, slipping into the bathroom. "Breaking the news to you."

As the door shut, McCree remembered their conversation outside. "Wonder what's so important that he has to go to the bathroom to mentally prepare himself..." he muttered yo himself.

Suddenly, his earpiece buzzed to life. He started to panic when his commander skipped his usually intro.

"Enough with the bullshit, Jesse," Reyes growled. "Are you in Hanamura, and is the target with you?"

He winced at the harsh tone and clasped his ear. "For fuck's sake boss, yes, we're here! Couldn't this of waited 'til morning?"

"Technically, it is morning for you. And no, because I need to know when to send in the rescue squad."

"I'm sorry," the southerner was fighting with his serape at the time. "You're sendin' in the what?"

"Rescue squad. We're staging a rescue for Hanzo so he can think we saved him from the Arakaki. Y'know, so he'll join Blackwatch." Gabriel was talking a mile a minute, and Jesse was having a hard time keeping up. He started to lose his concentration when the bathroom door opened.

Hanzo was standing in the doorway, the light from the bathroom framing his perfectly. What caught the other's attention, however, was the light blue robe draped around him. He stopped listening yo his commander entirely when the archer spoke.

"For someone who's good with words, you seem a little speechless, he joked. When McCree didn't respond, he continued.

"I know I've been a little more... Friendly, with you lately. And at first, I thought that was enough. But..." he looked at the ground, and the gunslinger realized his hair was down. Faintly, he could hear Reyes talking to him.

"So, we need to initiate the plan in about a week or two."

"Over the past few months, I've realized something."

"All I need you to do is give me a date and time for pickup."

"It may sound a little hasty, and this is not the most logical way yo confess, but..."

"Jesse, do you copy?"

The robe dropped to the floor, and he could feel the color rising to his cheeks.

"Jesse? Just give me a pickup time, and I'll sign off."

"I think I'm in love with you, Jesse McCree."

"Jesse! This is an order from your commander, give me a time and date to rescue you!"

"And I want you to have me."

The cowboy stared at the man before him, and took in every inch of his exposed skin. The shouting from his comm had turned into a distant hum. He found himself working in autopilot. His hand reached up for the earpiece, turned it off, and dropped it to the floor. He then found himself unbuttoning his shirt and saying, "I think I've fallin' for you, too."