Chapter Eleven

Miraculously, the two travelers made a clear getaway. Hanzo was acting like a teenager who had escaped the police for the first time, and it was extremely funny to watch. Jesse safely assumed the adrenaline was getting to him.

"That was beautiful!" The ravenet laughed, spinning around to look at McCree. He had an ear-splitting grin on his face, and his eyes were shining with excitement. "I haven't had that kind of rush since I was sixteen..." He sighed, resting his hands on his knees.

The cowboy looked over at him, a smirk tugging at his lips. "Ya still look sixteen to me, darlin'."

"Oh, stop," he chuckled, pulling the gunslinger's hat over his eyes. By the time he had gotten them off of his eyes, the Asian was halfway down the street. "Fifteen years takes a lot out of you."

"Well apparently it didn't take yer beauty away," the brunet said with a wink.

"Quit it!" The archer said with a laugh, looking over his shoulder. "Your flirting can wait until we get to the hotel."

The southerner had finally caught up to him. "Well ain't that suggestive," he murmured, brushing the other's hand. He felt his heart skip a beat when their fingers intertwined.

"It night be..." he murmured quietly, the playful tone leaving his voice. "You know... I do have something important to tell you when we reach the hotel..."

Jesse started to worry. "What's the matter?"

"Oh, nothing's wrong," he reassured. "I'm just a little nervous."

The gunslinger glanced down at their hands and gave the other's a squeeze. "Don't sweat it, doll. Whatever it is, I promise I won't judge ya."

Hanzo relaxed some when he said this. "Thank you..." he murmured, seeming tired now. With a sigh, he leaned into McCree as they walked.

They stayed quiet for a bit, taking in the view and trying to process everything that had happened tonight. Eventually, the Asian broke the silence. "Can you believe it's November already?"

The cowboy's head shot up. "November?" he said in surprise. "What happened to August?"

"Travelling's what happened," the ravenet answered plainly. "Time flies when you're having fun."

"If this is what you call fun, then ya have very low standards."

"What do you mean by that?"

"We almost died, Han!"

"But we didn't." The archer had a strange, smug aura surrounding him. To Jesse's surprise, he liked being part of this aura. "You can't say that wasn't fun."

He huffed, clearly annoyed. "I mean, you're not wrong... But it was risky. We coulda got caught."

The Shimada's reaction caught him off guard. He was giggling, like a drunk school girl. "My god, we've started switching roles now!" He looked over at McCree with a smile. "Am I suppose to start calling you 'darling' now?"

The word sounded so weird on the Asian's tongue, and the feeling that went along with it was even weirder. The cowboy just snickered and shook his head in response trying to ignore it. "You're too much, y'know that?"

"When I'm in a good mood, yes."

The brunet caught sight of the hotel in the distance. "You should be in a good mood more often."

"Why, so you can flirt with me more?"

"That, and it's a good look for ya. Much better than that serious persona ya put on."

Quietly, the southerner swore he heard, "If only I did just 'put it on'..."

They stayed quiet the rest of the way, and the gunslinger couldn't help but feel like he did something wrong as they did so.