Chapter 5

[**Sorry for taking so long to get to the juicy stuff, I just had to make sure I put some backstory, ya know? I hope you're enjoying the story so far! ♡**]

-

A sense of relief washed over me as I left my school building. Autumn was very apparent, the coloured trees were pouring leaves. It was so picturesque.

A car honked loudly, dragging me out of my day dreaming.

"Peyton! C'mon!" Allie shouted through the window of Dante's passenger seat.

I ran to the back where Kiara was sitting (this time not passed out).

"Hey yuh guys," I greeted buckling up before Dante took off.

"What up?" Allie said as she applied a coat of lip gloss while looking at her reflection in the sun visor.

I shrugged. Dante put on some Nas and I drummed my fingers to the beat until we pulled up to Eastland Shopping Center.

"Okay call me when yuh guys done, aiite?" Dante said, kissing Allie on the cheek.

"Okay baby!"

We all piled out of the car with excitement. We were all planning to pick out a new outfit for tonight.

"I can't believe this. We are so close to meeting Dr. Dre!" Kiara gushed.

Kiara and Allie could only talk about Dr. Dre since I told them how I had talked to the Eminem the past couple nights.

I side-eyed her and laughed. "I mean I don't know about that."

I took my breath sharply and entered a store in which presented alluring clothing from the window. Colours that varied from hot pink to charcoaled tones. Girly lights stringed from the ceilng, glowing in the dim.

I sifted through the clothing racks and laid eyes on shaped cropped reddish burgundy turtleneck. Allie and Kiara would for sure approve. And to go with, I found a pair of black lined light-weight warm up pants.

I scurried into the dressing room and as I took my pants off I felt something in the pocket. It was the address for the event tonight. "Thank you" I mother because if it weren't for my lazy self deciding to wear the same pants as yesterday, I would have a hard time remembering where to go tonight.

I unfolded the paper and read the address and noticing he jotted his number down as well as a little note:

U can keep the hoodie,
I just wanted an excuse to c u again
- Marshall

My heart fluttered and my cheeks went warm as a smile bloomed.

-

I felt the bass of the music from inside rumble through my feet. I looked up. Tonight there were no visible stars. I frowned.

"We lookin' cute or whatevaaaa," Allie and Kiara sang. We did look good. Allie was dressed in an olive coloured jumpsuit and Kiara had on flared pants with a jeweled top. I of course wore my new outfit and styled it with subtly crimped hair.

We stepped inside to be greeted by a spiraling staircase surrounded by UV-A lights and the sound of someone shouting on a mic.

We squeezed through the crowd to be able to see the stage. A tattooed man with alert eyes was hyping up the crowd.

Marshall was on stage, standing across a shorter guy that was looking right at Marshall while Marshall's eyes danced around the crowd. His cheeks were slightly scarlet.