Chapter 12

My eyes fluttered open. I blinked a couple times to fix the blurriness coating my vision to see Marshall sound asleep and facing me with his arm around the dip of my waist. With each breath of his, a little snore escaped his mouth. I wiggled my right arm away from under his arm to rub my head. His body and the duvet over us was beginning to feel too warm so I squirmed away from his embrace and went to my bedroom window.

I was still ass-naked so I didn't open my blinds too much. Just to peer through to see the sun was setting meaning my mom should be home soon. I went to my dresser and grabbed some pajama shorts and a N.W.A. shirt I got when I went to their concert a couple years back.

Marshall shuffled in my bed which made me put the shirt on even quicker, for some reason feeling embarrassed of my body. I began to worry if he only had sex with me because he was desperate and in the "heat of the moment". I pushed that thought away when Marshall sleepily smiled at me from where he was laying in my bed.

He patted the spot I was sleeping before, indicating me to come over. So I did.

"You okay?" He asked with a crackly voice.

"Yeah,but my Momma gonna be home soon probably..." I told him nervously.

He sat up quickly. "Shit, sorry."

"No, it's okay."

He swung his legs over the other side of my bed and pulled his jeans up from the floor and put them on. He stood up, his belt buckle dingling as he adjusted it. I didn't want him to leave but I didn't feel like getting my ass beat either.

We went to the living room to hunt for his shirt which was in between the couch cushions. He tugged it out and put it on and then gave me a hug which turned into a kiss and then turned into him slipping his tongue in. I laughed against his lips.

"You gotta go," I chuckled, jokingly pushing him away.

"You look good with the curls, Peyton."

I ran my hand over my hair and remembered I never had blow dried it so it was now a curly mane.

"Sarcasm?" I smirked just imagining how frizzy it was.

His face was slate and he shook his head no.

We were now just hovering by the door, both not wanting to leave each other.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and cocked my head slightly to the side. "You wanna just do something tonight?"

He stifled a laugh. "I was thinkin' of going to Andrews Halls again to battle." He said and then quickly paused and widened his eyes.

"What's wrong?" I asked confused until I heard what he heard. The sound of a car rolling up to the front of the house. "Oh shit! Back door!" I screamed-whispered.

He laughed and cracked open the door in the back of the house which led to a small backyard.

"Just hop the fence," I shrugged with a laugh behind my voice.

He slipped out the door and then peeked his head through. "See you tonight?"

"I'll be there," I smiled. The front door opened and I heard my mom and her boyfriend Dan's voice enter the house.

"Go!" I said nudging Marshall out and quietly closing the door behind him. I rushed to the nearest cupboard to pretend to search for a snack.

"I think you should stick with the starving yourself thing," Dan told me walking into the kitchen. He would always make fun of my weight because I was visibly malnourished looking but it wasn't something I did on purpose. I spun around and scowled.