02

╔═══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ═══════╗

The sun was gone and replaced with the slight glow of the moon. Chaeyoung and Jimin walked up the pathway that led to their house after saying good bye to Yoongi, who lived just next door.

The siblings tiredly took off their shoes upon entering the house and made their way to the kitchen where their uncle stood by the stove mixing something that smelled mouth watering.

"Well if it isn't my two favourite people in the whole wide world!"

"Hey Uncle Joon." Chaeyoung says walking around the kitchen island to give him a quick hug and peck on the cheek.

"So how was your day? Anything exciting happen?"

"Not really," Jimin answers, "But I'm guessing Chae had a little bit more action than the rest of us." Jimin says suggestively.

"Did she now? What happened today Chae?"

"Nothing, I just fell asleep during a lecture. . ." Chaeyoung mumbles.
Their uncle lets out a small laugh as he puts the pan filled with food on the island counter top.

"Kimchi fried rice!" Chaeyoung and Jimin both scream at the same time.

"Oh my gosh, calm down," Joon says while putting bowls in front of them.

The small family settle down and eat till the entire pan is licked clean.

"Uncle Joon go to bed, I'll tidy up. I know you're tired."

"No I'm not that-" Chaeyoung quickly cuts him off with a glare.

"You need rest, you have to wake up early tomorrow and I know you have a double shift. So go to bed."

Joon let's out a small sigh before giving Chaeyoung a goodnight kiss on her cheek and a quick fist bump to Jimin. The two watch as the older man walks down the hall and into his room.

"I worry about you two," Chaeyoung turns around to face her brother, confusion evident on her face.

"Why? We're not babies Jimin, we're grown adults who can take care of ourselves."

"I know, it's just. . .you two never tell me anything and that worries me."

"What do mean? You know everything about us Jimin. There's nothing else you could possibly need to know." Chaeyoung shakes her head and turns back around to wipe the dishes.

"Chae that's not what I mean. I want to know what goes on in that pretty little head of yours. You've been keeping a lot of secrets from me lately."

"Well firstly, I have no idea what secrets you're talking about and secondly, Jimin we've had this conversation before. You don't have to worry about every single thing I do. I can't tell you every single thing that runs through my mind."

"I'm not asking for all that Chae, I just need you to tell me things. Like why you lied to me and Yoongi just to go to a party or why your hiding the fact that you're having nightmares again."

Chaeyoung stops wiping the dish in her hand.

"How did you know about the party?" She asks softly.

"A friend of mine saw you there. So why did you lie Chae? I would've let you go."

"Yes you would've, but not by myself."

"I need to make sure you're safe Chae. It's my responsibility, my promise to them. You know that," Jimin frustratedly runs a hand through his hair. Chaeyoung let's out a sigh and turns around, her dark hazel eyes meeting her twin's silver one's. She could see the worry coursing his eyes.

Funny enough, out of all the resemblances and differences, it was their eyes that stood out between the two. They were stark contrasts to each other, Jimin had their mother's mischievous silver orbs and Chaeyoung got her father's warm, almost a mix of chocolate and hazel, brown ones. She always thought that was why Jimin was the more popular one out of them. His eyes were unique and beautiful while hers were, well boring and plain. But Jimin would always tell her how he wished he had his father's eyes instead, how they gave off a type of calm aura. Reminds me of home, were his direct words

"I'm sorry," she says quietly, "I just. . .I don't want to be a burden. I know ever since-" Chaeyoung's breathes become short and tears start to cloud her vision as a sudden warmth envelopes her small frame.

"You were never a burden Chae, you're my sunshine, my happiness, my family and I love you so much. I don't want to lose you too."

Jimin pulls away and wipes the tears from Chaeyoung's face with a smile.

"Go to bed, I'll finish up here, okay?" Jimin says ruffling his sister's hair and giving her a small push towards the hallway.

Chaeyoung nods and heads to her bedroom without a word. Behind the closed door she releases a breath and falls onto her bed, sleep taking over her quickly from exhaustion.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

A/N

Hello there lovelies!

Thank you for noticing my little book among millions, I really hope you guys enjoy reading it and much as I enjoy writing it.

Hope you all enjoy this rollercoaster ride with me, no need to buckle up yet, I'll warn you before hand.

I won't have a set schedule for when I'll be updating but I'll try to keep it constant, unlike my other book and my irregular updates. Please bear with me.

Quick shout out to Dhiya2403 I LOVE YOU MY AMAZING FRENCH FRY❤

Love you guys!

-Arasi♡