04

╔═══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ═══════╗

Narrator's POV

Yoongi watched bewildered as Jimin moved across the dance class room with the grace of a feather. He didn't just move his body in accordance to the music, it felt more like the music moved in sync with him instead, the passion and feeling put into each tiny movement was both significant and yet insignificant, it was simply captivating.

When Yoongi looked to his left, he didn't realize when Chaeyoung had come in and sat down beside him, she sat similarly amazed as he. No matter how many times they watched Jimin dance for the past 12 years, they always became flabbergasted when he did.

As soon as the music stopped and Jimin bent down to catch his breath, the two jumped up and clapped their hands with all the energy they could muster. Jimin sent then a mock bow but his cheeks never fail to redden slightly.

"So what are we doing today?" He asks going over to his bag and reaching for his water bottle.

Yoongi and Chaeyoung look over at each other expectantly, a habit they've established over the years when neither of them have any idea's. This worked obviously as Jimin would usually get annoyed and drag them to some new coffee shop or a park. This time however was no exception.

"Oh my gosh, you guys are useless," Jimin says with a roll of his eyes.

"That's why we have you!" Chaeyoung and Yoongi reply simultaneously. With all the eye rolling, Jimin thought he might see the back of his head one day.

~

The trio sat underneath the shade of a small tree by the Han River. Yoongi sat with his back against the tree, his hands braiding Chaeyoung's hair, while she sat in front of him with Jimin's head in her lap, trying to braid the small strands.

"So how did Mr. Song's lesson go today?" Jimin peeked one eye up at his sister as she concentrated on finishing the small braid she was busy with, her tongue poked out slightly at the side of her mouth.

"Mmmm it was ok, better than yesterday for sure."

Jimin chuckled lightly,"Well that's good to hear, wouldn't want you failing his major now, would we?"

"Yeah, remind me again why I decided to take a double major in Chemical engineering?" She raised one eyebrow while still concentrating on her braiding.

"Lord knows why, you had a dream as a little girl and you wanted to follow it and here we are," It was Yoongi that spoke up now as he too, concentrated at styling Chae's hair. A small huff of air left Chaeyoung's chest and silence ensued.

She was thinking about how eager Yoongi had been the very first time she asked him to braid her hair, how her mother was on a business trip and her father had already left for work. Jimin could barely do a ponytail so he was CLEARLY out the question and so while the three of them started walking to school, Yoongi noticed her hair in a loose ponytail rather than in a braid. When she asked if he could do one, his eyes lit up and he simply told her to turn around. By the time they reached school, Chae's hair looked exactly like how her mother would do it. And ever since, she asked Yoongi every morning to do it for her.

This was one of those 'bonding' days as Chae called it. She wanted to have them as they reminded her of the good things of her childhood, before everything changed. Jimin and Yoongi did it to spend time with Chae and simply make her feel happy.

Since she didn't have any female friends, Yoongi and Jimin decided from a young age that they would make sure Chae never felt neglected in any way, one of these ways was replacing all the toxic femininity that Chae had to face as a child.

They filled up the gaps by playing dress up and talking about boys as if they weren't one themselves.

Jimin and Yoongi had seen the pain Chae had been through during their Middle school years. Majority of the girls talked bad about her and the boys teased her endlessly. Chaeyoung pleaded to Jimin to leave it alone and let her be, but eventually he couldn't stand the sight of his twin getting bullied. He told Yoongi Hyung about it and the next day nobody bothered Chaeyoung again.

But because of this, both siblings didn't exactly have as many friends as they would have liked. They clung onto each other like glue whenever they could but that only lasted so long.

High School approached and both siblings seemed to drift apart, both trying to find a group they would fit into. Of course Jimin fitted in more easily than Chaeyoung, but that didn't stop her from anything. She knew she would be fine without friends anyway.

But that's where everything went wrong. . .

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

A/N

Just poppin in to say hi because I'm that annoying author that refuses to publish a chapter without a little message below it lol.

Hope you're doing good, if not then just hold on, it'll get somewhat better soon.

It would make me feel a lot better if you clicked on that star at the bottom too ;)

-Arasi♡