07

╔═══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ═══════╗

Narrator's POV

"CHAE!!!!"

A small chubby boy bolted towards the door and jumped up into the arms of Chaeyoung, making her smile and coo at him.

"How's my little champ doing? I hope you're not troubling Hye-jin and Sehun." Jimin walks out from behind Chaeyoung and boops the little boy's nose, making him giggle.

"Hanyong's been an absolute sweetheart, in all honesty."

A gorgeous woman with sleek, cat-like eyes walks out from the kitchen, wiping her hands on a cloth. A handsome man in a dress shirt and slacks walks in behind her, the two of them stark contrasts to each other yet both of them together worked like fire and ice. The man showcased elegance and class while the woman projected confidence and poise as well as a hint of motherly affection.

"Looking gorgeous as always Hyejin Noona," Jimin prances towards the couple with a gigantic smile plastic on his face.

"Yah Jimin stop flirting with my wife!"

The handsome man wearing a classy waistcoat over his pristine white dress shirt walked over to Jimin and lightly smacked the back of his head.

"Ah Sehun Hyung! Nice to see you too, old man." Jimin rubbed the back of his head with a sheepish smile. Chaeyoung and Hye-jin chuckle at the two grown men's antics. Chaeyoung carefully places the little boy down to give Hyejin a hug.

"It's been a while Unnie, I've missed you." Chaeyoung pulls away but Hyejin keeps her hands planted on her shoulders comfortingly.

"I've missed you too. You should try to come by more often, Hanyong probably misses you more than anyone," Hyejin glances at the little boy now playing with Jimin and Sehun.

"He needs you Chae and soon enough he'll start asking questions I won't be able to answer. I'm already starting to have a hard time avoiding the ones he asks now and he's only 4 years old."

Chaeyoung's eyes saddened a little and a soft sigh left her quivering lips. How could she tell them she was in no position to do anything.

"I'm sorry Unnie, I'm trying. I really am, but I don't think there's much we can do right now. Jimin and I are doing our best and-"

"It's okay Chae, no need to stress about it. I understand you're not ready yet, but I have a feeling you will be soon. Anyway, hows Namjoon doing? I haven't seen that clumsy clutz around lately."

Relieved at the amount of understanding Hyejin had and the change of topic, Chaeyoung happily told her all about her Uncle's recent job at a law firm.

"He's happy there but I can tell it's a lot of work. He sometimes stays there overnight to finish projects or look at a case, but he still makes time for us. I just worry that he'll overwork himself, y'know?"

A small hum comes from Hyejin as she looks thoughtfully at Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung leaves out the part about her uncle working part-time at a bar. She didn't want to worry Hyejin and knowing her uncle, he wouldn't want her to know anyway.

"He's doing everything he can to take some of the responsibility off your shoulders, I can trust that he'll be fine Chae, he's a strong man. A clumsy one but strong nonetheless."

A small whine breaks the two women out of their little conversation, their eyes snapping to Jimin and Hanyong who sullenly watches as Sehun pops a chocolate chip cookie into his mouth. A low growl seems to surface out of Hyejin.

"Oh Sehun, if those are the cookies I just took out of the oven, especially made for Chaeyoung and Jimin, I will roast you alive!"

A look of dread crosses Sehun's face before he mutters a low 'Oh snapadoodles' and runs out of the living room with Hyejin hot on his tail muttering childish obscenities.

The two siblings and Hanyong look at the spot where the couple exited and turn to look at each other.

"Play?" Hanyong asks, holding his hand out to Chaeyoung. She smiles at this and takes his chubby little hand and let's him drag her to the back garden where all his toys lie. Jimin follows behind them, grabbing 3 cookies off the now cool oven tray and starts nibbling on one. He hands the other two to Chaeyoung and Hanyong and watches as they both go to sit down on the small swing set. After finishing her cookie, Chaeyoung gets up and lightly pushes Hanyong, smiling when he squeals in excitement. Jimin goes and sits down on the swing next to Hanyong and the two compete to see who can swing higher.

All the while, Hyejin and Sehun watch from the kitchen door with adoration as the small family laugh and smile together.

"They look so happy." Hyejin leans her head onto her husband's shoulder.

"I know it won't last forever but I pray they'll have many moments of happiness like this." Was all Sehun replied, putting his hand around her shoulder.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

A/N

A little fluff in my opinion, because I'm feeling soft.

I love chuuu~

-Arasi♡