Part 30

"So this plan," I muttered quietly, "What is it?"

"There's a second attack planned on this place— on the other outposts." Dwight spoke lowly as he walked close beside me, "Details are still being worked out."

"Well Negan has this idea of me talking to Rick-"

"Just say you'll do it and leave it at that." He cut me off, his eyes continuing to scan the area around us, "Do what you have to to play along."

"I've been doing that." I let out a small, frustrated sigh as I shook my head lightly, "I'm gonna kill him— if I get the chance, I'm going to-"

Dwight immediately stopped me, quickly moving in front of where I stood as he continued to check the hall around us, "Your people already have a plan-"

"We had a plan and look how it ended." I spit, my breathing becoming heavy, "I don't- I don't even know who's alive anymore.. and you want me to just blindly follow another war plan? I can't do it."

Dwight shook his head, running his hand over his face, "So.. what? What do you want me to tell Daryl-"

"You don't tell Daryl a damn thing— you don't mention me at all to him, and-" I paused, trying to catch my breath as each shaky breath I took caused my shoulder to ache, the pain radiating through my chest and down every nerve in my arm.

"It's not going to work." Dwight spoke bluntly as I looked up at him again, "Whatever you're trying to do.. it won't."

"So what? What do I have left to lose?" I questioned as our tense stare held, "Either I kill him or he kills me."

Dwight let out a small scoff, "You still don't get it, do you? Negan won't kill you." He reminded, "But he will kill your friends in front of you just to prove a point." His lowered voice continued as I felt my stomach flip, "Now, I know you don't want that and I don't either, so play along."

Reluctantly, I nodded my head in agreement, following beside him once again as I found myself feeling helpless— a feeling I had gotten used to.

I can't explain the feeling of walking down these halls again, because none of it feels real. I never planned on stepping foot in this place again, at least, not under these conditions.

My head raised as Negan's voice rang through the hall, my stare leaving the concrete floor beneath us to see him coming from the other direction, "Right on time! I hope you two are playing nice."

"No complaints yet." Dwight spoke, pushing me forward.

"And you?" Negan asked, my eyes soon meeting his as I shook my head, "Good."

"Negan, we have a load coming in that you might want to check out." A voice from a walkie talkie informed.

Negan let out a strained sigh, bringing the electronic device close to his mouth, "I'll be there." He slipped the walkie talkie back onto his belt as he motioned to the zip tie around my wrists, "Get her outta that and put her in the room, I'll be back when this shit is dealt with."

Dwight nodded, pulling out a knife and slicing through the plastic restraints as Negan disappeared from the hall.

"There's clean clothes and the showers still work, but you'll have to see Dr. Carson again if you take one so he can-" Dwight began to explain as I slowly stepped into the room that housed so many of my nightmares, before I cut him off by closing the door behind me, desperate to be alone again.

My legs trembled beneath me before I gave into their wishes and lowered myself to the ground to let out slowly, heavy breaths, only to be interrupted by the clicking of the lock behind me.

I was already being haunted by the mistakes of my past, and being back here wasn't helping in the slightest, but the damages left to this room from fights I've tried to forget, brought up even more emotion.
This place was hell in a poor disguise and being back within its walls only made me wonder how I ever considered coming back here willingly, even if was with good intentions to end a war that should've never began in the first place.
Now, with this job of playing my part, I feel.. helpless, and I'm afraid of how far this part I'm playing will take me— how far I'll have to go until the plan that Dwight mentioned is actually set into motion.