Part 37

Out of nowhere, their conversation stops and my attention is drawn back towards Negan, watching him intently as I struggle to make out the audio that came through the walkie talkie.

"Son of a bitch, Carl!" Negan yelled, his stare moving back up to the top of the wall that is now vacant, "Was that just a play? I thought we were having a moment, you little asshole! Bombs away!"

Quickly the vibe switched to something much darker, causing my panic to skyrocket once again before flashes of light lit up the windshield in front of me, ending in explosions that peaked over the other side of the wall.

"No!" I screamed, the plead ripping through my vocal cords as I backed myself against the drivers side door, fumbling for the handle before wrenching on it as hard as I could.
Within an instant I was on my back, knocking the wind out of myself before being harshly yanked up and handed off to the ringleader himself.

I watched the orange glow light up the night sky as I was shoved to my knees, stuck in a state of shock while I saw the only home I ever truly loved get destroyed.
With each explosion, the ground rumbled beneath me— sending shockwaves through my numbed body as time seemed to just dissipate.

"Please... please wait- wait..." I mumbled under my breath, feeling in a trance as I watched the heated glow shine through the wear and tear of Alexandria's walls, followed by the rise of blackened smoke.

Negan was winning... and I had no idea what he planned on doing next.

Seconds later, I was pulled to my feet and handed off to another set of men as Negan's low laughter echoed through the explosions.
Again, I searched the crowd for Dwight without luck, leaving me with what seemed to be another set of problems, only for things to get worse as my head continued to spin.

The truck we rode in on barreled through the front gate as Saviors began piling in behind it with no sign of letting up.

I felt breathless as I was now face to face with the destruction, my mind being too preoccupied with the horror to hear anything much of what Negan was saying as I was passed back into his grasp.

"Blow up every other house." His voice echoed, almost not seeming real, "I'm gonna go to Rick's, make a little spaghetti. When he shows up, send him my way."

"Negan-" My voice cracked as my stare lingered around the burning town, being brought alongside him, "Please make them stop- please-"

"Quiet." Negan spoke sternly, continuing to pull me along through the destruction and smoke.

***

I felt like I blinked and we were suddenly in Rick and Michonne's house, and for a moment, despite the muffled explosions, everything felt normal. The familiar scent and warmth away from the nighttime air reminded me of the night I spent here when Daryl hadn't come back to Alexandria on time. But that only lasted seconds before I was forced down onto the hardwood floor.

"Sit." Negan muttered, grabbing one of the dining room chairs and taking a seat himself, "A convoy got out past my people," He continued, catching my attention as he set Lucille down on the table, "If you can tell me where they might be headed, I won't make you watch your fearless leader get his skull bashed in."

I shook my head slightly, the movement making it pound as I struggled to gather my thoughts, "Why-"

"You know why, Elizabeth." He immediately stopped me, his patience already seeming to wear thin.

I swallowed harshly, racking my brain to find a solution that didn't exist, "A deal..." I breathed, looking up at him, "Any deal I can make right now, I'll make it- I swear, I-" I continued until he stood up, grabbing me again and dragging me through the house.

I knew what I was doing was pointless, but I couldn't stop because my only other option was acceptance and defeat.
My pleads continued, gaining no response from him before he pushed me into a separate room; the office of the house that was virtually empty.

"Sit tight, darling." Negan ordered, "I don't think you're going to want to be out here when Prick shows up-"

"Wait!" I begged, my shrill desperation stopping him from closing the door, "Just kill me... please." I weakly let out, looking up at his tall frame, "It'll hurt them— it'll hurt Rick and it- it'll hurt Daryl, I promise." I continued, "Make me the example."

Seconds passed as Negan held the same harsh stare, "No." He spoke flatly, closing the door without another word.

Rage filled me, along with a handful of other emotions that I struggled to process in the moment, "You coward!" I yelled, finally giving into gravity as I sunk to the floor with tears already streaming.

After everything— after every fight and promise and plan we made... Negan was going to win and there was nothing we could do about it. I was going to watch the people I'd give up my life for die, and I can't stop it.
The impending doom that sat with me is really a feeling that I'd never be able to describe.

***

I raised my head from my knees, not knowing how long had passed as I looked again at the darkened room around me.
I had never felt like this before— so numb yet filled with pain, mental and physical.
Nothing felt real until my ears finally quit ringing, almost immediately snapping me back to reality as I tried focusing on the struggled that filled the once quiet air.

"No.." I breathed, my throat raw as I struggled to push myself to my feet.

My mind raced as I attempted again to pull free from the restraints, feeling more and more desperate as the familiar voices and scuffling continued.

"He won't kill me- he can't, he-" I paused, muttering quietly to myself in an attempt to bypass my jumbled, aching mind, "I- I need to leave— I can't be here."

Frantically, I searched the room, not sure of what I was looking for but hoping that something would spark the start of an idea since I was really struggling in that area.

But sooner than I thought, I found my out.

_____
Do you guys have any ideas on what Liz is going to do?