8

As they drove down the roads of Ghana, Esther looked at the children as they lay outside on the ground. Many were limp and frail. It was heartbreaking.

"God, bless them," Esther whispered, "They need Your help."

"Here," Liam said, handing her a camera. "We're going to document everything we do and make it into another video later."

"We are trying to get back into making video diaries and fun videos," Louis added, twisting to look at her from his seat. "You can be in it, and not just film it."

"Sure," she said, turning the camera on. "Should I start now?"

"Yeah," Zayn replied, nodding his head.

Esther pressed the record button and pointed the camera at Liam.

"Now what?" she asked, smiling at his goofy grin.

"Hello Directioners," he said, waving. "We're here, in Ghana. We are going to cheer up some children. By the way, just in case you start wonder who is holding the camera. "We're here, in Ghana. We are going to go cheer up some children. By the way, in case you start to wonder. Our camera girl is Esther. She has been hanging out with us for a while, and she made us a fantastic breakfast this morning."

"Yes!" Niall exclaimed, making Esther point the camera at him. "I helped!"

Esther laughed, "You helped eat it!" she said, turning to Louis. "I dare say that Louis enjoyed a good laugh the other day, one that he needed, right?"

Louis grinned, "Yes," he replied, "It felt good to laugh again. We have not been laughing as much lately."

"Let us allow everyone a glimpse at the mysterious camera girl," Zayn said, taking the camera from Esther. "Say 'ello', Esther."

"Hi everyone," she waved and smiled. "Don't forget to keep supporting comic relief. God bless you!"

"We'll be right back!" Harry said, grinning as he leaned close to Esther.

Zayn turned off the camera as the van came to a stop. Esther took it and pulled her bag over her shoulder.

"We can leave our luggage here," Liam said as they approached a smallish, two-story building.

They walked inside and placed their bags in one room on the ground level.

"I'll go see if they can get Esther her own room," Louis said.

"No," Esther said, stopping him. "Don't let me inconvenience you guys."

He nodded understandingly. Esther took her travel Bible out of her bag and followed the boys out. Kids flocked around them as they walked up the street.

"Harry!" a little girl shouted excitedly as she jumped into his arms.

"Hey!" he said, hugging her as she clung to his neck. "You've gotten bigger!"

Esther smiled softly and turned on the camera. She filmed all the smiling faces of the children and the band. A young boy came and tugged at her shirt.

"Hi," Esther said, getting down to his level. "I'm Esther, what's your name?"

"Joey," he replied in a shy voice.

"Well, don't you have a lovely name? It's nice to meet you, Joey."

Joey reached his arms out to Esther. She handed the camera to Liam and hugged Joey into her arms. He clung to her neck, resting his head on her shoulder.

"Where's your mommy?" she asked.

"At the hospital," he replied, "with my sister. She sick"

Esther stood and looked at Louis. He sighed and looked at the ground. She sighed and placed her Bible in one of her big pockets.

"Well Joey," Esther said, smiling at him. "Everything will be alright. We're going to have fun, ok?"

Joey grinned and nodded.

"What kind of games do you like?" she asked as they walked to the remains of a park.

"Soccer," he replied, pointing at the ball in the middle of the field.

"I love playing soccer, too! Why don't we get a game going?"

"With them?" Joey pointed at the band.

Esther looked at Louis and smiled. "Yes, and anyone else who wants to play. Louis! Let's get a game of soccer started."

Louis grinned, "That is a fantastic idea," he said. "Come on lads! Let's play some football!"

The kids began to cheer as they all ran to the center of the field. Joey wiggled and got down from Esther's arms. She smiled and followed him. Harry watched as she smiled at the children and chased them around.

"She's not like most girls," he said to Liam.

"Nothing wrong with that," he replied; Liam was filming the game. "The world could use more like her. Unless we have only just started to notice her kind."

"That's not what I meant. Esther seems to respect herself and everyone around her. And she doesn't want us to feel burdened with her presence."

Harry looked at Liam; Liam looked from him to Esther. She was running, letting Joey chase her. Every now and then, she would let him catch her, and he would laugh hysterically.

Later as everyone was walking back, Harry walked with Esther. He wanted to ask her something. Something that had him puzzled.

"Esther," he said, holding the tired little girl in his arms. "Why didn't you jump and say yes when Niall said that you were coming with us?"

"My parents always taught me and my sister to never over stay our welcome," she explained; she was carrying Joey. "Lucy hasn't really grasped that instruction, but she's the one everyone invites. It is rare that I show my face anywhere. Therefore, when I do, everyone is surprised. People seem to appreciate me more when I am not there. But I don't MIA for attention, like Lucy does."

Harry was about to ask something else when a woman came up to them.

"You're his daughter," she said to Esther. "You look like him."

"Like who?" Esther asked, letting Joey down.

"Pastor Rodriguez," the woman replied with a smile. "He was praying for the children in the hospital."

"Pastor Rodriguez? You must be mistaken; there are many pastors with Rodriguez as a name. And my dad is not here with me."

The woman continued to smile. "He came yesterday; you came today. You are his daughter, you look like him."

Esther was puzzled. "Where is he then?"

The woman pointed across the street. Esther looked and gasped. Her dad was walking with a group of people. Amongst them was David.

"No way," she said to herself, looking at Harry. It is my dad. And David is with him."

"Do you want to go say hello?" he asked.

"If that is ok," she replied slowly. "I'll meet you back at the motel."

"Can I join you?"

Esther smiled softly and nodded. Harry let the girl down and she took the woman's hand as they walked away. Esther kissed Joey's head before he ran after them. She motioned for Harry to come and they raced across the street to where her dad stood. David was the first to notice Esther. A big smile grew on his face, making her smile. Something deep inside her told her that he missed her.