15

The next hour and forty minute seemed to pass by slowly. Esther kept going from the bedroom to the couch, and she walked continuously around the apartment. David was doing his best to get there, but he was stuck in traffic. Louis' mum was also on her way. Gemma had come back and was helping wherever she possibly could.

Harry came into the kitchen to get more ice. He leaned on the counter and released an exasperated sigh.

"Having fun?" Louis asked in his usual joking tone.

"I am starting to understand," he replied, shaking his body as if to shake of a weird feeling. "This makes me so glad to be a man."

"Harry," Perrie said, coming into the kitchen. "We need you to come and talk to Esther. We think the baby is right there, but she's resisting."

"Ok, just don't force her."

He went with her to the bedroom. Esther was wearing an extra large T-shirt and was sitting on the bed. Perrie motioned to Eleanor, Sophia and Gemma to come out of the room.

"I want David here," Esther said, tears streamed down her face.

"Esther," Harry said, kneeling beside the bed as he held her hand. "Do you remember what you said earlier? Darcy is coming today whether you want her to or not. I spoke to David a little while ago, he's on his way."

Louis' mum walked in carrying a stack of towels and some other stuff.

"Let me see how far you are," she said, touching Esther's forehead gently.

"I want him here," she whimpered.

"Hey," Harry said softly. "I bet he will walk through that door right now."

David did walk in then. He sighed with relief as he dropped his bags in the corner and came to the bed.

"You made it just in time," Harry grunted as Esther gave his hand a sharp squeeze. "Whoa! That's a strong grip for such a small hand."

"Obviously you've never played basketball with her," David said with a chuckle as he rubbed her bulge.

Esther released a mix of whimpers, moans and groans. Then there was a baby's cry. Esther rested her head back on the pillows, full of exhaustion.

"Here she is," Louis' mum said. "Harry, help me."

Harry looked at David, he nodded.

"You want me to?" Harry asked.

"She's you niece," David replied with a smile.

Harry picked up the baby blanket and spread it out in his arms. Louis' mum carefully placed the baby in it and helped him wrap the little form. He looked at the little baby that he now held in his arms. Her eyes were closed, but they were as big as Esther's eyes. Her hair was dark and it felt like silk.

"Esther," Harry said softly, "look."

He placed the bundle on her chest and quickly turned so that she would not see his tears.

"Harry," Esther said in a soft voice. "Why are you crying?"

"I don't know," he replied, turning around. "I didn't think I would react like this. I just feel a big heap of emotions smashed into one."

David chuckled "You're overwhelmed," he said, touching his daughter's small hand.

Louis' mum had left the room, but she returned with a small tub with some bath things.

"Does the new father want to give his new daughter her first bath?" she asked, smiling at David.

He smiled and took the baby from Esther's arms. Harry stayed where he was. No one could hear him, but he was giving thanks to God for allowing his prayer to be answered. He had thanked God before, but now he was really thanking Him. Harry had never been so grateful in his whole life. He had never felt such happiness either. He smiled as he watched David with the baby.

"I can feel a silly dance coming on," Esther said with a giggle.

Harry looked at her with puzzlement.

She gasped, "That's right! You do not know what the victory dance is! You have to get the others in here, right now."

Harry did not ask what she meant. He ran out of the room and got the other band members and the other girls.

"Victory dance," Esther announced, pointing at Louis. "Lead the victory dance, and show Harry."

Louis nodded, "You heard the lady," he said to the others. "Victory dance, now."

Zayn and Liam rubbed their hands together, Niall grinned, the girls giggled. Harry watched the first round of the dance, but he caught it quickly. David laughed as he dressed the baby in a light pink outfit.

"Say hello, Darcy," he said, bringing her over to meet the others.

The girls all cooed and sighed. Harry stepped towards Esther; she was sitting up a bit now. She smiled at him as he hugged her.

"Thank you," she whispered.

"For what?" he asked, pulling away to look at her.

"For your prayers."

Harry smiled and hugged her again.

"Thank you Father," he prayed in his mind. "Thank you for having mercy on me. Thank you for answering my prayer. Thank you for Baby Darcy. Thank you that she is alive and healthy. Thank you for giving Esther the strength she needed. Thank you that David is here to have this experience with her. Keep them safe, Father. Thank you so much. In Your gracious and Mighty Name, amen."