TWENTY NINE

She woke up in the middle night wondering if Nick was still outside, part of her was kinda hurt he didn't break in to make her hear him out, but she knew why he didn't.

She peeked through her window not seeing him, which she wouldn't lie hurt more than she expected. She opened her front door wanting fresh air, and it was then she saw Nahmir asleep on her welcome mat.

She smiled, but it was more of a broken smile that fell just as fast as it happened. He looked cold and uncomfortable, she didn't expect him to go as far as staking her out.

She kicked him softly and when he didn't wake up, she did it a little harder and he shot up immediately. He looked ready to fight, but when he realized it was her his face softened.

"Kency.." He whispered.

"Go home. It's cold." She didn't want to hear him out. He shook his head sliding back down her wall, "Nick, it's cold and not comfortable I'll call you when I'm ready."

No matter what she felt about him she'd never wish him any type of pain, she loved him way too much.

"None of that matters to me." He said, and she knew it was true. When he set his mind to something it didn't matter what got in his way, he'd overcome it. "I just want us to talk."

"Did you know?" That was her biggest question she had for him, because if he knew how could he have just set her up for heartbreak?

"No." He blurted out, he wasn't going to lie. He regretted it just as fast as he said it, but how would she know he knew?

You'd think he'd learn, but the last thing he wanted was to lose her.

"Come in." She shook her head turning her heels, "You're not sleeping in my room this is just because I know your dumbass won't go home."

Part of what she said was true, but really she let him because just knowing he was there made her feel comfortable.

He shut her front door behind him grabbing blankets from her cabinet. He laid them outside her room, he was going to sleep on the couch, but he knew she would just sneak past him in the morning, and he needed to talk to her then.

lol nick is a dumbass.