Chapter 7

Ssskkss sorry for taking so swizzing long. I guess I need to update my writing schedule. So anyways yeah. I hope you all like this chapter!

Art credit to- @/ finncakes (Tumblr)

----------

It was a nice warm evening. There were people who could be fishing, hanging with friends, swimming. You could be doing all of this. But unfortunately you were to busy getting ready for the event your father had talked about.

You looked at yourself in the mirror. "I think this looks formal??"You say holding the side of your dress. "Hmm....Maybe I could switch shoes."You then grabbed a pair of heels.."But yet again..My feet will hurt"You sighed. "I think I'm fine!"You smiled and tossed the heels back where it came from.

You grabbed a small hand bag with 'valueables' in it. And by valuables you mean a phone and seashells stuffed in it and maybe a wallet. You forget.. You walked out of your room and looked at your father waiting for you. "Okay I'm ready!"You smiled and quickly walk down the stairs. "Good now let's get going."He smiled.

The two of you entered this towncar and just waited until you made it to the party.

During this time you decided to see if there was anything new in the group chat.

"Hmm.."Your thought. Donald hasn't sent anything since last night. Maybe he was busy. He does watch three children after all.  You shrugged and put you phone away once you made it to the party. It wasn't has fancy as you expected it to be. It was in a garden so that was nice.

You and your father walked out and were soon greeted by the host. "Why bonjour!I'm very glad to see you again Mr. (L/n)!" They then turned to you "And you miss (L/n) " Once you saw then you quickly recognized them. "Oh! Bonjour Theo."You smiled and shook their hand. You had already knew Theo from past business classes. You weren't exactly fond of him. But now you can tolerate him.

"The food and drinks are over there!"He pointed. Your father soon wandered off. "And the bar is right there. Of course I'll be there if your looking for me"He smirked at you before leaving. You sighed and stared at the place for a minute. "Well... Let's do this"You sighed and started walking to the food and drinks.

You grabbed a glass of cider and drank it. You stared at the people talking. You just hoped there would be at least someone who you can talk to. You then notice a top hat. It looked extremely familiar. But the man wearing was being covered by other guests. You waited until you could finally see the man. You gasped. It was Scrooge! Scrooge McDuck!

"Wait..If he's here then maybe...",You whispered to yourself. You then felt a hand on your shoulder.  "Huh!?"You tensed up and turned to see Donald.

"Donald!"You say trying to contain yourself. "How!?Why!?Ummm...When!?"You smiled and hugged him.

"Heya!I didn't know you would be here."He smiled. "I would say the same about you. "You smiled.

"Wait so is your uncle here to meet business colleagues with you???Or.."

"Well he basically had to come here and since he had to come he of course dragged me along with him."He sighed. "But hey! Your here!"He smiled

"Yes indeed!"You smiled back. "Hey um...Do you want to sit down?"You asked

"Yeah sure"Donald says. The two of your sit down at a small table. "So why are you here (y/n)??I thought you weren't interested in this kind of stuff"

"Im not. My father dragged me here to well meet new people to partner up with"You made a small laugh. "Oh"Donald says as he takes a sip of his drink.

There was a silence. "You want to sneak out?"

"Heck yes"You replied. You two got up quickly. You sped walked until you stopped "Wait!" You took all the seashells out of your bag and snucked some snacks in it. You then walked back to Donald "Okay now I'm ready."You smiled. He nodded and instead of exiting at the entrance you two went to the back and snuck to the docks of the river. "Finally. It was getting boring there"You laughed. 

"So what now?"Donald asked. "Hmm...."You started to think. You know Donald isn't the type to get into trouble so you thought of maybe going to a arcade or something. "Why don't we just go on a small boat ride?"You say.

"Why not?"He shrugged with a small smile. You smiled and wrapped your arm around his and started heading your way to the docks.

"How long will your be staying here??"You asked.

"I really don't know. Probably for two days"He shrugged. "Good because I want to show you around!"You smiled.

You then stop your tracks. "We made it"You say.

You and Donald got on your boat. The two of you started the boat and then sat down as it drifted far enough into the water.

You two sat there staring at the stars. There were no words being said. You looked at the moon and then remembered. "Hey Donald.."

"Yes?"

"I don't mean to bother you but..Did you ever find Della?"You looked at him with a slightly worried face.

He was silent at first.

"No."He made a small sigh. "We tried sending people to go look for her but...They found nothing.."

"I'm sorry"You say

"Don't be. It isn't your fault"He says.

"How do your nephews handle this?"You asked. "I mean I can't imagine how they would be without seeing their mother."

"They are bothered but they learned how to still move one while finding clues about her disappearance."He says. "Their great boys"He smiled warmly started at the moon. His expression then changed. "(Y/n).. I'm sorry"

"For what??"You looked at him confused.

"For not staying in touch all these years."

"Hey don't say that. Look you don't need to apologise for that. These past few years must have been stressful. I understand. Trust me"You say.

"I'm glad we finally get to talk again.. It's been a while since I've talked to past pals."He says

"What do you mean? Didn't you have Panchito and Jose?"You asked.

"They helped me with the boys the first two years but then they had other things to attend. We've barely started staying in touch last year.But now we have each other again. You and them are back into my life and I'm glad for it."He talked as he was stargazing.

The two of you continued to stare gaze.

"Should we head back now?"

"Let's stay for a little while longer"

You heard a soft chuckle from him and smiled warmly.

"I'm glad to have you back too.."

-------------

Idk if this a gucci but yeah! Also I'm shook for that 1.81K man! Thanks 💫❤️