O N E

" I'm with him

" I'm with him. for better and for worse."

"it'll probably be worse,"

"I knew that the day I met him," I smiled.

Thank you for choosing this book. Please note that it is an unedited version, so if you find any errors, kindly do not judge it harshly.

Leave a review and like the book.

Isabelle POV

"I don't want anyone to ask me about your sullen face, smile for fuck's sake," Dad muttered angrily.

I looked at him before mustering a huge fake smile on my face. I looked at the people who were attending the party. I smiled at those who congratulated me on my graduation. I can't believe my own father did this to me. I mean how can he just decide my future? I looked at the man whom I was going to marry. He is busy flirting with my step-sister.

I looked around hoping someone would just come up to me and say "Hey! Isabelle, you are daydreaming." But I know that is not going to happen because it's a reality.

I gulped down the lump and exhaled heavily as I looked at the ring on my finger. My hands are sweating and I need a break from all the attention and noise. Every word―Every congratulation felt like choking hands around my neck.

I know I'm never gonna experience love―How it feels to have a boyfriend―How it feels knowing someone loves you and cares for you. I know I'm never gonna have those love dates which I would dream of.

I looked around the hall to see all the fake faces who were acting as if they were happy to be there. In reality, they really don't care whose party or event they are attending, until unless they show off their expensive dresses and newly imported jewellery and bags.

I just hope that it ends soon. I really want my room and the comfortable bed where I would sleep without any care. I never wanted to be here, I never wanted to marry the bastard beside me who is for sure gonna fuck my half-sister tonight. I don't understand if they really like each other. Why don't they marry each other? Why me?

My to-be in-laws met me in the evening and decided I was absolutely perfect for his son who is a bitch in the country. Thank god he didn't put a ring on my finger himself. If he did, I would have died on the spot.

His mother handed me the heirloom and asked me to put it on. I was going to tell her no but the daggers my father was sending my way. I didn't really have an option.

I never liked the parties or events which my father threw. That's the reason I never attend them, making excuses like exams or faking sick. But today I can't make any excuses as this party is held for a reason and I'm the main character of this family drama event. I never knew the reason behind this event until my father announced it in front of everyone. The heels were killing my feet. I just want to leave this party as soon as possible.