T E N

"It's true that I met him as a stranger but don't we all are strangers to each other when we met for the first time?"

Isabelle POV

I looked out of my window, not knowing what to do in this empty room which felt nothing but cold. I tightened my shawl around my shoulders. I sniffed the air and closed my eyes, wanting nothing but to go out.

It's been a week. I was not allowed to meet anyone. The people I saw were the ones who came to take my wedding dress measurements. They restricted me from stepping my foot out, thinking that I would run away or meet Cyrus.

Cyrus...

I miss him. I miss everyone and everything. They took away my phone, laptop and iPad. I was not allowed to use any electric gadget. My father even left a bodyguard to guard my room. It's pathetic and I'm helpless. I don't know what would have happened if I ever said no to Cyrus when he asked me to be his fake girlfriend.

Tears started rolling down my cheeks when I realised that I really missed him. These seven days made me realise how empty I was without Cyrus and everyone I had met. It's true that I met him as a stranger, but weren't we all strangers to each other when we met for the first time?

I felt isolated sitting between those four walls. Everything that I have done, every moment I shared with Cyrus, Pablo and Beth was playing in my mind like a movie.

God, I feel so sick...

I opened my eyes and saw the pitch darkness of the city, but what caught my eye was the figure which stood across the lampstand on the road. When the realisation hit me, I froze.

I couldn't see his face because of the darkness, but I knew he was Cyrus. His arms were crossed under his chest, he was looking at my balcony or should I say at me? He slowly walked towards where the light was. Now I can see his features clearly.

"God, how much I miss him."

I stood up from the chair and leaned against the railing. I know how to jump off of my balcony but my father made sure that every corner of the house is under CCTV cameras. I can't risk getting caught by them.

All of a sudden, the lights were gone in my room. There's no electricity in the mansion. I looked at Cyrus for a minute before I understood what was happening. I can jump off and meet Cyrus without worrying about getting caught.

I quickly removed my slippers and threw them on the ground before jumping down the balcony. I made a run towards the back gate. Thankfully, there are no bodyguards. I ran towards Cyrus and hugged him tightly. I couldn't help but cry.

He tightened his hold and caressed my back smoothly with his other hand. He gave me a forehead kiss before pulling away slightly so that we could see each other's faces.

We didn't share a word. We just stared, his hand cupped my cheek and his thumb started tracing my cheek gently. There were no tears, only a happy smile on my face.

"I missed you," he whispered.

"I missed you too."

"You really going to marry, huh? The invitations were sent out." His voice was barely a whisper. I gave a tired nod.

"Isabelle, will you be happy?" I rolled my lower lip into my mouth. "It's going to be a long journey on this earth. Do not throw yourself in misery."

His gaze went to the mansion. I couldn't utter a word. "You need to go back." I removed his arms around me and took a step back. I need to hurry back before they decide to check my room. I turned around with a heavy heart and returned to the room. I looked out of the balcony to see him but.

He is gone...