T W O

"Make it look pretty,

but train it to kill,"

Isabelle POV

"Why are you worried, honey?" I turned around to see Sister Ancy.

"Nothing, Sister, just thinking about how things will change once the wedding is done." I tried not to break down before Sister.

"Listen, my child, you are one of the sweetest children I ever knew. You always come here to help us with church matters, you look after the kids. You always help the needy. I'm sure God has stored something for you. He knows what is best for his kids. We never know... Anything might happen. Have faith."

"I wish, sister."

"Pray to him with your heart and soul." I gave her a smile. Sister Ancy left me alone with my thoughts. It's been a month since the marriage announcement.

My thoughts now shifted to Cyrus, that one strange person whom my father or anyone doesn't know. After that night, I went through the list of people who attended the party but there was no one named Cyrus.

I even asked my father if he knew anyone named Cyrus. He just said: "I don't know anyone named Cyrus, don't waste my time with your rubbish questions."

I even forgot my expensive heels in his car, which caused havoc in my home. Caroline shouted, saying how much the heels cost. She bought them for me, which means they are mine. I can do whatever I want with them, but no!!

She went all the way saying how irresponsible I'm, how stupid I'm to throw heels like that. I just gave them a blank face before turning away. You must be thinking about how they even allowed me to go to church.

Well, would you believe me if I said I jumped off the compound wall and took the taxi here?

A huge yes! I always do that whenever they are out of home. This time they went to Spain for a month or so. So, I'm free to roam anywhere without the guards knowing.

"Belle, he is not giving me my Barbie doll!" Ariel came to me with a red face.

I bent down to her height "Who is not giving your doll, darling?" I asked her, whipping her tears away with my thumb.

"Joe, he―he always does like that, he always takes my Barbie dolls saying they are a waste. He always pulls my hair making me cry, he always pushes the people away who come near me," she said, showing me the guy who is now standing near the door.

I smiled, knowing that the little boy liked her, he was scared that they might hurt her. I can not blame the boy, he was bullied by the teenagers who came to church. I handled the matter but Ariel doesn't have any idea about it. So, when someone comes over to talk with Ariel, Joe pushes them away.

I sat crisscrossed, taking her in my lap, "Baby, he likes you. That's why he pushes people away because he thinks they may harm you. You are his only friend, which is why he won't allow people to hurt you. If you are playing with your Barbie, then who is going to play with him?"

"Joe, come here," I said.'

He slowly walked to me, "We don't want our little Ariel to cry, right?" I asked him. He nodded his head. "It is not acceptable that you push her friends away."

"Okay."

"Next time, you don't push them away but stay with her and make friends, okay Joe?" He gave me a meek nod.