F I F T E E N

"Cyrus you are putting women to shame while getting ready,"

Isabelle

"Damn!" My gaze met Cyrus, who was fiddling with his necktie. He took his time checking me out. A heavy sigh left his mouth. He shook his head before looking down at his shoes. "What happened? You don't like the dress?"

"No― I mean yes. I love the dress. You― You look beautiful." I turned around and crossed my arms. "Then why's the sigh?"

He smiled. "It would be hard staying away from you." He took a step toward me. Wrapped his arm around my waist while I pulled on his tie.

"I think you would be handsome without a tie." He smiled. I looked up at him. I wasn't wearing my heels and there was a good height difference. "What am I going to do without you?"

"Huh?" he hummed, cupping my cheek. "I'm not going anywhere."

"Even if you want to go anywhere. I will follow you." I couldn't stop the strong feelings growing day by day. I love him...

"Will you care if your lipstick smudges?"

"No." My cheeks turned pink when he leaned down to kiss me. I wrapped my arms around his neck while he held my cheek gently. The kiss was gentle and slow. The feeling of his warm lips against mine is one of the best feelings I have ever felt.

He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. His hands hold me securely while we deepen the kiss. We pull away, breathing heavily before kissing back.

We were startled when there was a loud knock. "Cyrus! Everyone's waiting," Pablo yelled.

"Okay." We shared a look before laughing. Cyrus pulled my face back, giving me a soft kiss. I got off Cyrus and went to the bathroom to redo my lipstick. I cleaned up and wore new panties. I waited for Cyrus to step out of the closet.

"Cyrus, you are putting women to shame."

"Thank you." He changed his suit and did his hair.

*

"They are here," Cyrus whispered. We excused ourselves and went over to meet Xavier and Elora.

"We are really sorry. We got stuck in traffic," Elora said.

"Lier," Cyrus replied. Pulling her into a hug. Xavier and I shook hands.

"Isabelle! I couldn't wait any longer to meet you." We shared a hug. "I felt the same."

"You look pretty, girl. Green suits you." Elora complimented, checking me from head to toe.

"You are beautiful in this dress," I said.

Elora took me to the other side to gossip. We sat down and spoke like we had known each other for ages. Cyrus and Xavier went over to meet others.

"Let's have food," Elora said.

"Yeah." We went over to the food section, picked up our plates and started filling our plates. "Do you want to have a drink?" I asked.

"No, babe."

"Why? You don't drink?" She chuckled. "I do, but we are trying to conceive. I don't want to risk anything."

"Oh, okay."

"You get a drink." We got our food and took our seats.

"So how's it going with Cyrus? Have you guys tried something?"

I laughed and shook my head. "No, we are taking things slow."

"Nice." She took a bite of her chicken. "When I first met him, he was intimidating and I didn't expect him to be friendly. But as we got to know each other. He became a family and a person I'm not scared of. Cyrus's a good person."

"He is." My gaze went to Cyrus, who was listening to Xavier. We spoke for a while before Elora excused herself to use the restroom.

"Mind if I sit here?" I turned my head to see a man. He was holding a drink and a friendly smile on his face. I haven't met him before.

"Yeah, have a seat." He smiled, taking the seat.

"Why are you sitting alone, beautiful?" I raised a brow at him.

He laughed. "Matteo―" He pulled his hand out for a handshake.

"Back off Matteo." Matteo's eyes widened in horror when he heard Cyrus. Cyrus came over and stood behind my chair. I gave him a smile. "You do not make another person uncomfortable," Cyrus added.

"Sorry Zachariah, I didn't know that she was your woman."

"What's going on?" Elora returned. Her gaze went to Matteo.

"Hey, Matteo. Pissing off Cyrus already," she joked, taking her seat. Matteo frowned. "I wasn't."

"Isabelle, you met Matteo? He is one of their partner's sons," Elora said. "And he loves to get on Cyrus's nerves."

"Elora, I don't do it." Matteo frowned. He stood up from his seat. "You know what? I don't want to sit here anymore." He walked off. Cyrus took the seat. We three shared a look before laughing.

"You need to see the boy when Xavier is with him. He couldn't even make eye contact."

"Poor boy."

"What are you guys talking about?" Xavier said, joining the table. He kissed Elora's forehead. "Do you need something, love?"

"No, I'm done eating. When are you going to eat?"

"We will."