F O U R T E E N

Isabelle POV

"We already know about the fake date," Beth said, as we played the snake and ladder game. I looked at her. "How?"

She smiled. "We just knew it. We were surprised that he actually brought you home. When he mentioned that he was coming with someone, we believed he would be bringing a business associate."

"If he was really seeing you or if you two were dating. Xavier would've already informed us. If Xavier and Elora hadn't met you, then we knew you two were lying."

I chuckled, shaking my head, and she joined in. "It was Pablo's plan. He was the one who told me to play along. It is true that I wanted to know you better."

"But we adored you. Pablo and I knew that Cyrus was in love with you."

"Really?"

"Oh yes. We have never seen him speak with someone other than us for more than three sentences. He genuinely loved you. Poor boy, didn't know how to confess."

"Yeah... That's true. I didn't know that he was in love with me." She hummed.

"Were you in love with him?" She teased.

"I will be honest with you, Beth. I didn't have any kind of feelings towards Cyrus. In fact, before he brought me here. I only met him once at the graduation party. After spending my time over here, with you and Pablo and with him, I fell in love somewhere and on some day."

"Yeah... Yeah... I understand the feeling."

*

I hummed a tune as I changed my clothes. I stepped out of the closet and made my way towards the bed. I slept in the guest room for two days before shifting to Cyrus's room. I was nervous about sleeping in the same room as him. Cyrus was writing down his journal.

I learned a few things. Cyrus has the habit of writing journals weekly. He also loves to read before bed. He was shy to read a book in my presence, but he was okay doing mundane things. I waited for him to finish his journal.

"Can we watch a movie?"

"Sure." I got into bed and leaned against the headboard beside him. While he turned on the telly. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and I got comfortable against his body. He kissed my forehead and I kissed his shoulder. We are taking baby steps in our relationship. I don't want to rush anything.

*

I munched on the carrot while looking at everyone in the kitchen. "You both gonna make the brunch," Beth said.

"Okay," Pablo replied.

"You two gonna clean up the mess after cooking. Lily isn't going to clean up the mess."

"That's not fair, Sweetie. If we are making the brunch, it's your responsibility to clean up."

"No, we will be doing the dishes, not the cleaning." Pablo groaned and Cyrus rolled his eyes but didn't say anything.

"You better not create a mess," Pablo told Cyrus.

"No promises."

Pablo looked at me. "Are you girls going out?"

"Yes."

"Have fun."

*

James drove us to the town's mall. Beth informed me that every year they hold a get-together party and invite the town's people. Everything was settled but I don't have a gown for the party.

So Beth took it upon herself that we would be going dress shopping. I didn't complain though. I have never been on a shopping date with someone. We walked into a boutique. I looked around, admiring the dress on the display.

"My lady, Beth." The lady pulled Beth into a warm hug. "I missed you, lady."

"Oh, Becca. I missed you too." Becca pulled away from the hug and her gaze fell on me.

"Is this our Isabelle, Beth?"

"Yes." Beth turned to me.

"Isabelle, meet my friend Becca. Becca, meet Cyrus's girlfriend Isabelle."

"Oh, dear. You are beautiful." Becca gave me a warm hug. I smiled back at her. "pleasure, meeting you Becca."

"I have kept aside some dresses that you may like."

"I would love to try them on." Becca gave me an excited smile.

"Come on then."

I have already mentioned my preference and style to Beth. Becca showed me the dresses and every dress was elegant and soft. I tried a few dresses but it wasn't the one that I was searching for.

"I guess you will like this one," Becca said, handing me a satin green gown. It looked so beautiful and soft. I changed into it and looked at my reflection. It has an elegant high v-neckline and a flowy A-line maxi type with a hidden slit. It is a sleeveless gown showing the right amount of skin and I looked great in it.

"This is the one, Belle," Becca said.

"You look great, darling." We left the boutique after getting our dresses. We spent some time at the ice cream parlour. Before James drove us back home.

Cyrus and Pablo were arranging the table in the backyard when we walked in. I gave a smile to Cyrus and he walked over to me. We shared a kiss before taking our seats.

"You baked apple pie?" Beth asked.

"Cyrus did."

We started serving our dishes. Pablo asked about Becca and when he was going to get his suit done. "You need to find a tie."

Pablo made a face. "I'm not going to wear one."

"Why?"

"Ties are for gentlemen."

"Then what are you? Aren't you a gentleman?" Beth asked. Pablo smirked. "Darling, I'm your cowboy." We all couldn't help but laugh.