T H R E E

"I was told I was dangerous...

I asked why.

They said, "Because you don't need anyone."

That's when I smiled.

Cyrus POV

I
glanced at her, she fell asleep. I remember the first time I saw her. It wasn't at her graduation party. It was at the church, she was helping Sister Ancy and Mother Julie. It was surprising that she never noticed me. I was present on every occasion possible and wasn't lucky enough to catch her eye.

I was a part of the board of trustees and she volunteered for the charity events the Church is responsible for. We had crossed paths but never got the chance to have a conversation.

My biggest rival, Edwards, held his second daughter's graduation party. No one knows anything about his second daughter. He never brought her to any business events or to an annual ball.

His first daughter, Sara, who attends every event with her father and mother, is known by everyone. I never liked that lady. There were a lot of scandals attached to her name. I had to attend the graduation party just to piss off Edwards, but what surprised me was her. I had never imagined she would be the daughter of my biggest rival.

I nearly lost it when Edwards announced the marriage. I personally knew Mick, it was a sick feeling knowing who she was going to marry.

Mick's a bitch and was famous for his scandals as well. The Whites were trying to keep their son's reputation clean for a while. Xavier mentioned it before. They were trying to find a bride for their son but I never ever imagined it would be her.

I decided to leave the party as soon as the announcement was made, but I couldn't leave the parking lot. I spent hours thinking about what I could do or about how I could approach her before the wedding. Luck was on my side.

I was astounded when I saw the scene between the two sisters and Mick. It was surprising to see the dislike she had towards Sara and Mick. I was not expecting that. I always believed Edwards hid his second daughter because he cared for her. I knew the truth the moment I saw how she was treated at the party.

I know from a long time back that Dave Edward had an affair before his first wife died, and that is how Sara was born. Then he remarried, saying his second daughter needed a mother in her life. But the truth was, his second wife was his affair and Sara was his real daughter as well. She is older than Isabelle but he made the world believe that Isabelle is older than Sara.

The first time she saw me, I knew she thought I was an attractive man. The way her eyes roamed up and down checking me out. Her face turned pink when I caught her checking me out.

I had to use my chance carefully. I needed to be careful while dropping her off at the mansion. Everyone in the business world knew the rivalry between us. I didn't want anyone seeing me with her and informing Edwards.

She thought I was not observing her when she took my flip-flops from the back seat and put them on. I tried my best not to laugh.

I have no idea why I asked her to come with me. But, I know for sure that if I don't do anything she will be someone's in one month.

I'm taking her to my grandpa's private estate. There's no comfortable place in this world for me other than my Nonno's. I halted the car before taking out the blanket from the back seat and putting it on her.