F O U R

"I'm everything you can't control,"

Isabelle POV

"Woah, he did that?" I was laughing so much that my stomach hurt.

"Yeah, he did. Pablo had to rush so that a dog wouldn't bite him," Beth replied. She was shaking her head, amused. I decided to look around the place as Cyrus was having a nap. I wasn't sleepy but excited to look at the paintings.

I was studying art in the hallways when I bumped into Beth. She was excited about having a conversation and took me to the balcony for tea. I couldn't say no to her. I joined her for tea. We sat on the terrace, which had a view of the forest. Beth kept me engaged with the stories of the estate and what they had all done to keep it.

I learned that they have a farm, ranch, and mills. Pablo spends most of his time at the farm. She even mentioned Cyrus owning four horses. Before we went to the kitchen, she told me about Cyrus's childhood stories. She handed me the freshly baked cookies and crisps. While enjoying the cookies, Beth went to bring the photo albums.

I looked around the kitchen; nothing was modern or old. It has a different yet warm feeling to it. Beth said she wanted to keep her kitchen the same as it had been passed down from her mother-in-law. And she wants to keep it that way.

I reviewed the photo albums but have not seen any photos of Cyrus's parents. Beth hadn't spoken about his parents or had anyone mentioned them.

"Belle, my Cyrus is not what you think; he may not show you any emotions or express any feelings. But he is a sweetheart." She took my hand in hers. "You are the first lady he brought home. He wears this mask to keep everyone away. With which I can't entirely agree. He shouldn't be pushing everyone away. To feel human, you need a companion. I'm so happy that he has you. You should make him do everything possible." She smiled, whipping away the tears before looking at the album.

"Nonna, what are you showing her?" I heard the masculine voice of Cyrus. I tilted my neck to see him. He was leaning against the door frame with his hands pushed into his pockets. His hair was messy, and a yawn left his mouth when his gaze met mine.